ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Community MVP12M Monitors...what do you think?  (Read 2579 times)

Dan Brandesky

Community MVP12M Monitors...what do you think?
« on: March 23, 2007, 10:04:50 pm »

I'm just wondering who out there uses these monitors and what you think of them. My budget is forcing me to look to cheaper alternatives for floor monitors, and I might be able to get a pair for a good deal. From the little that I've read I'm seeing that they're sort of on par with yammie club series stuff, but not quite as good. I use club series mains, so I figure that can't be bad, but what about overall frequency response, clarity, and feedback rejection? FYI: I use Audix OM2 vocal mics, so feedback shouldn't be a big issue, but I still have to ask.

Thanks,
Dan
Why do I need cymbal overheads? I'll just use SM58s on the vocals.

Steve Kreidler

Re: Community MVP12M Monitors...what do you think?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 12:10:53 am »

I own 4 of them. Installed 5 wedges in a venue with a Midas H3000 as the FOH console. I find them very clear, very directional and easy to get a good sound. It is important to set the High pass filter to the recommended setting for these wedges. The advantage of a higher priced wedge is the low frequency is more directional than the MVP12.

Also, my experience is that you have to use them one per musician with them aimed right at the musicians head or you loose the attack.

Steve
"No one can possibly achive any real and lasting success by being a conformist." J. Paul Getty
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 20 queries.