ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ETC Smart series?  (Read 1307 times)

Mike Slay

ETC Smart series?
« on: March 09, 2007, 09:22:17 PM »

Has any one had first hand experience with ETC Smart series dimmers.  I love the Sensor Racks.  They are the one dimming system I've never had problems with them causing noise.  I've literally passed power through my distro to small sensor racks with no problems.  If the Smart series is as good or near I might have to look at getting some.
What's the difference between a Monitor engineer and FOH engineer?  Monitor engineers can do both.

Dave Nuss

Re: ETC Smart series?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 06:32:17 PM »

I have installed, serviced, and even purchased a number of the 6x and 12x units. They are solid units. I would not say they are as solid as sensor dimmers but the price point is really aggressive. I have seen them go into mostly churches and other venues on a tighter budget. In my case I got them for a small professional theatre and they have worked fine for the past two years. One we got was slightly odd out of the box(reported 0 voltage on phase C even though it was wired for and operating fine on three phase) but otherwise they have been great. (ETC swapped it out no problem of course but it was a hassle.) On the last install job I worked on before moving onto a different employer, I saw a decent number of issues with some of the 300 or so Sensor D20 modules, soooo who knows.

Thats my two cents.

Dave Nuss

Re: ETC Smart series?
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 06:34:45 PM »

Sorry I just re-read your post. I am not sure on the noise level. I think the SCRs and choke coils are the same in both units for what that is worth.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 16 queries.