ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Whiteboard for a projection screen?  (Read 2770 times)

Chi Von

Whiteboard for a projection screen?
« on: March 09, 2007, 04:02:42 PM »

Has anyone ever used a dry-erase white board for the dual functionality of a projection screen?  I wanted to know the main drawbacks other than the obvious such as glare and/or surface gloss?  The reason I ask is because i have found a product which seems to be perfect as we need to install a whiteboard in replace of a black board and do not want to put a projection screen in front of it but rather use the whiteboard to project on. any suggestions or feedback is welcome thanks in advance.
"Chi-Chi Von Dutch"

Brad Weber

Re: Whiteboard for a projection screen?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 05:05:51 PM »

Of course, the effects will differ from whiteboard to whiteboard, but typical issues can include glare (as you noted), reflections from lights and windows, hot spotting, low contrast, low gain (meaning the projected image does not appear as bright as it might on a dedicated screen with controlled gain) and poor color rendition or color shift.  Another potential concern is that while you may have the advantage of being able to write on the "screen", that also means that you have to hope that the whiteboard can be cleaned quite well or any writing, marks, scuffs or ghosting will become part of every projected image.

There are some low gloss and even gray tinted whiteboards made to also better function as projection surfaces, you may want to look at that option.  WallTalkers are another option, but those products are a direct applied (almost like wallpaper) surface rather than a removable or movable board.
Brad Weber
muse Audio Video

Chi Von

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 12:44:26 PM »

thanks walltalkers was very helpful and even provided me samples to help make my selection even easier thanks brad.
"Chi-Chi Von Dutch"

Tim Padrick

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 02:35:58 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.