ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Chlorine resistant CD players  (Read 2867 times)

Oren Mamane

Re: Chlorine resistant CD players
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 01:41:09 pm »

Jason Lavoie wrote on Sun, 25 February 2007 17:09

Phil LaDue wrote on Fri, 23 February 2007 21:45

Jason Lavoie wrote on Fri, 23 February 2007 20:41

in other locations I have moved them one door further away from the pool to relieve some of the problem, but in this case there is no option. it would simply put it too far away to be useful.

Jason

An IR extender may be part of the answer.

yes but then whatever controller I put near the pool will probably suffer the same fate as the buttons on the CD player
so unless it is disposable, or airtight it won't really help

Jason

I would probably go for the marine CD player as it doesn't require rerouting of the wiring to another location. But if you don't like that idea, and a remote will do, think of this:
http://www.crestron.com/products/show_products.asp?type=resi dential&cat=1009&subcat=1031&id=1214
RF to IR seems like a good solution

Al Clayton

Re: Chlorine resistant CD players
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2007, 02:14:00 pm »

Hal Bissinger/COMSYSTEC wrote on Wed, 21 February 2007 19:14

You don't say where exactly the players are located. If they are in the pump/filter room that's suicide and whoever put them there should have known better. Wherever they are, apparently they are exposed to chlorine fumes which are highly corrosive even in small quantities. Any exposure is going to cause problems sooner or later. The only way to handle this is to move them to an area where you cannot even smell the fumes. There is no such thing as a chlorine resistant player or anything really unless it's made of ceramic, glass or stone.

-Hal

I would think that if you have problems with chlorine fumes, this pool has bigger problems than CD players. Health department, public saftey issues. More likely the problem (As previously stated) is more due to high humidity, condensation, etc...
Beer is proof that God Loves us and wants us to be happy. - Ben Franklin

Horray Beer!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 20 queries.