ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Color chaging/scrolling for Source Four Pars?  (Read 1229 times)

brian dunard

Color chaging/scrolling for Source Four Pars?
« on: February 18, 2007, 06:25:13 PM »

I am almost finished buying my upgraded light show.  However, I want to turn four of my Source Four Par cans into color changers.  I see scrollers by Apollo, Wybron and others but would like to know peoples opinions and pitfalls I may run into.  The reason I want to used Source Fours is because they hang in the trailer as there is no more floor space.  The lights need to remain on the bar for fast an efficent set-up so instead of adding expensive wash lights that would hang off of a bar I will just attach a scroller or changer.  I like the price of the Apollo and seems to fit my budget.  Let me know what you think or if you think I should go a different direction.  Thanks.

Brian DuNard

Tony "T" Tissot

• http://www.4dbsound.com
Re: Color chaging/scrolling for Source Four Pars?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 11:14:22 PM »

In principle - it sounds like a great idea. I've only used the scrollers in fixed theater situations. I am too chicken to carry them for the trailered shows.

Tough Choice - The 7.5 inch is about $350 to 400 I recall. I don't remember if it needed the adaptor to fit, but they did need a power supply.

It will add some weight - you'll have to decide if hanging it in the trailer will protect them enough, or decide to go with cases to protect them.

I'm interested to hear how it works out if you do it.

MNGS
ProSoundWeb - Home of 50,000 audio professionals - and two or three curmudgeonly SOBs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.