ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Building a "true" full range speaker  (Read 18235 times)

Dave Slater

Re: Building a "true" full range speaker
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2007, 09:12:52 AM »

Dave Rickard wrote on Tue, 20 March 2007 08:14

Gareth James wrote on Mon, 19 March 2007 13:15

and assuming the sound level drops off 3dB per doubling of distance that "horn" car is only generating about 110dB at 50hz.

Gareth,

I believe it's a 6dB drop for the inverse square law.  If that is correct, then it should be 125dB at 3 feet.  Unless I have the math wrong.

still well within the realms of a pro sub

Tim Duffin

« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2007, 12:44:20 AM »

yes you are right...sorta.  But, I think you are trying to imply that the 95 db measurement was on purpose and the vehicle was at 100% volume?  That is not the case, the owner was simply messing around with the van and it wasn't even pointed toward the microphone. Laughing  That was just an observation and was meant in no way as a "specification."  

T

Dave Rickard

« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2007, 07:22:52 PM »

Tim Duffin wrote on Tue, 20 March 2007 22:44

yes you are right...sorta.  But, I think you are trying to imply that the 95 db measurement was on purpose and the vehicle was at 100% volume?  That is not the case, the owner was simply messing around with the van and it wasn't even pointed toward the microphone. Laughing  That was just an observation and was meant in no way as a "specification."  

T

Excellent point, Tim.
Dave
Yorkville dealer

"The wrong piece of gear, at the right price, is still the wrong piece of gear."

"If you don't have good stuff at each end of the signal chain, (mics and speakers) what you use in between is just turd polish."--Dave Dermont
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.