ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HD over..... (pick a connector)  (Read 1853 times)

Austin Parker

HD over..... (pick a connector)
« on: February 09, 2007, 04:58:38 pm »

True or false:

HD will pass over:
Component
VGA
SDI
HDMI
DVI
RHBGV

When sending a computer into the Polycom 9002, and using the Eagle Eye camera, you can use DVI to VGA cables to pass the camera and computer signal to the matrix.
Austin Parker

Designer  of Audio/Video/Control Systems

"Are you with me? Do you get it? If you have to ask what "IT" is, you don't get it"

Brad Weber

Re: HD over..... (pick a connector)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 06:32:20 pm »

Are you referencing the HDX 9002?  For that unit, I believe there are 4 inputs.  I think that the EagleEye camera connects directly to one of the HDCI inputs (HDCI to HDCI cable).  There is then a second HDCI input for which there are also adapter cables available to allow it to also be used for a composite video, S-video or component video source.  The third input is (2) BNC for a composite or S-video source.  The fourth input is a DVI-I input and you should be able to connect a computer to that via DVI directly or using a VGA to DVI adapter cable or a HDMI to DVI adapter cable, depending on the output on the computer.

You can indeed find HD signals as HDMI (which is basically DVI with audio and other data paths added), DVI (A, D or I), RGBHV, VGA (which really is a form of RGBHV), Component (Y/Pb/Pr) and HD-SDI (not generic SDI) inputs and outputs.  But the inverse is not true, other than HD-SDI any of these formats are also used for lower resolution and/or 4:3 format images.

The HDX 9002 is a little easier than some devices as both the DVI inputs and outputs are DVI-I and thus should be compatible with DVI-A, DVI-D or DVI-I sources and destinations, no real worry about that compatibility.  Don't know about HDCP issues if you tried to use the DVI input for a DVD or cable box.
Brad Weber
muse Audio Video

Robert Sims

Re: HD over..... (pick a connector)
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 03:10:36 am »

True.

Robert
Robert Sims

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.