ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Live Electronic Band  (Read 1059 times)

Todd Smith

Live Electronic Band
« on: February 07, 2007, 05:10:27 pm »

I am getting ready to embark on something pretty new to me. My friend started a trio (drums, bass, synth/keys) that plays techno/trance music. I was wondering how I could get that very choppy drum sound with acoustic drums. The drummer will be getting a trigger but I want to be able to not rely on the trigger for the great drum sounds. Any ideas?

Thomas R. Pullen

Re: Live Electronic Band
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 05:27:36 pm »

man, back in the 80s, we used to use gates and white/pink noise generators to add to acoustic drums to get a more digital sound.  essentially, a hit would trigger the gate to open on the noise channel.
Thomas R. Pullen

Tom Reid

Re: Live Electronic Band
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 07:04:38 pm »

Thomas R. Pullen wrote on Wed, 07 February 2007 16:27

man, back in the 80s, we used to use gates and white/pink noise generators to add to acoustic drums to get a more digital sound.  essentially, a hit would trigger the gate to open on the noise channel.

You can use more than just noise.  An old Oberheim module will provide a bunch of low end noises.  A tinkerers toolkit.

Technically your gate is just a trigger of a different color in this rigging.  With the added advantage of the trigger actuator being a source too.
tom

What does Buddha do on his day off?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 15 queries.