ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]   Go Down

Author Topic: NYC Subwoofer Shootout 2007 Results Part II  (Read 70088 times)

Mark Seaton

Re: Measurements- The dirty little secret
« Reply #210 on: April 17, 2007, 08:09:03 PM »

Mac Kerr wrote on Tue, 17 April 2007 11:36

I am one of those people. and I am not willing to post results of a shootout where the plots were matched by one of the participants. I am not impugning the integrity of anyone, but would any manufacturer be happy knowing that publicly posted shootout results were modified in any way by their competitor? Originally Mark Seaton was going to make some comparison plots and post those. What I have are individual plots that Tom Danley adjusted to to make the power levels comparable. There are 72 individual files, and we do not have an ftp site for transferring that much data. The data would be easier to compare if some comparisons were made, and the data should be looked at by someone without a horse in the race.

Mac

Hi Mac,

I see now that the blood has cooled some and the mass declarations of how "worthless" the data was has subsided somewhat. Rolling Eyes

I did see the graphs that Tom did and they look fine, but being in black and white it's a little cluttered in discerning which graph is which.  Tom's graphs include data for response and THD at 28V and then some paired comparisons.

This week is not very good for me as I'm headed out of town Thursday, but I'll see if I have some time on the plane or otherwise to throw some graphs together.  I recall we had decided that separate threads for each product's measurements with a master list with links in the first post would be the preferred method.  

While the files won't be huge, they will add up to probably 5-15MB of images and files.  I can throw them on some personal space for now, as I'm not sure if photobucket or other sites delete pictures after some timeline or not.
Mark Seaton
Seaton Sound, Inc.
"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." - Daniel H. Burnham
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 17 queries.