ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Songs that are strong below 35Hz  (Read 43467 times)

Ian Hunt

Re: Bassotronics... Six Hertz
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2007, 01:47:27 PM »

Run Shocked
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Whit Hutchinson

Re: Songs that are strong below 35Hz
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2007, 06:30:09 PM »

Craig,

So...how did it do?  Launch any drivers out of the boxes?

Ian,
BTW I will bite on Ian's avatar.  What in the hell is it?

**EDIT**
Names
I have learned in my life:

-Pretty girls don't stay single long
- KF 850s  over SB 1000s per side was designed to be a percussion instrument rather than a "soundpretty thing".

Ian Hunt

« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2007, 12:59:07 AM »

It's from a tube tester, meters tube goodness  Smile
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Tory Best

« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2007, 10:46:54 AM »

Ian this meter was made for all non technical consumers that just wanted to know if the tube is good or not.  Are you a good or bad tube? Rolling Eyes

Whit Hutchinson

« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2007, 02:41:52 AM »

Welp I downloaded that track and this is what I have found.

1.  The PC speakers at work told me there was no bass in the track until I craned the 35hz slider up and I could hear distortion several octaves over the freqs that were being played.

2.  So great, the studio rig will play it right?   Played the track through my studio monitor set up (5 1/4 JBLS tops with a KRK sub).  I heard some bass this time but then I also heard a ton of air and looked down to see my sub trying to play something that it could never imagine (Im guessing the sub In my studio setup will get down to the high 30hz range or low 40s at -3 db).

3.  Tried it on the Cerwin Vega house stereo (Old school AT 15s) and it hit REALLY hard on the notes that it would play but I did not even hear some of the lower notes.

4.  Gloves off:  Took it to the car and played it through the JL Audio 12W6 (in a 1.5 cu" sealed box) on a Soundstream Reference 700 and it was sonic bliss.  You still can not "hear" all of the notes but they are felt for sure.  

This leads me to this question:  What is the lowest response capable, commercially made system these days.  And with that being said, what would it take to hit 35hz at -3 DB at 50' for a 4,000 person audience?  Practical...NO.  Cool...Hell Yes

PS:

BassPig I did not realize you were on here. I have seen some of your videos on the web.  That is the extreme example of overkill and I love it.  However, have you ever considered using some very high XMax drivers in big sealed boxes?  It seems this setup would produce the lowest possible notes and still be the most accurate sonic wise  VS. hard hitting ported boxes.   I know sealed boxes do not work in pro audio world but if you can put them in an environment that they can build pressure, its a different world.
I have learned in my life:

-Pretty girls don't stay single long
- KF 850s  over SB 1000s per side was designed to be a percussion instrument rather than a "soundpretty thing".

Antone Atmarama Bajor

• http://www.geocities.com/somesoundgreat
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2007, 04:18:26 AM »

To answer question 4.

Well you are on the lab sub forum, what sub would be practical for 35Hz for 4000 people -3dB (Relative to?) @50'.  Could 4 or more Lab Subs be appropriate hmmmmmmm.

Lab sub duhhh, Basstech 7 excelent choice.  Or several of Tom  Danleys Latest designs.  www.danleysoundlabs.com

I think the Meyer Cardiod sub is supposed to be good down to 30ish Hz.  They make some pretty lofty claims about the Adamson 21 inch subs.  I think the ported enclosure is to small to be really good bellow 40Hz.

Not many for large audiences but there are certainly options.

Antone-

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 17 queries.