ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Corporate Marketing? Where do you go?  (Read 2592 times)

Al Beck

Corporate Marketing? Where do you go?
« on: January 15, 2007, 11:30:37 AM »

I was wondering if someone could give me some insight on how best to market to the corporate world. My PR firm is managing an account for a small AV company that is looking to work in the small corporate world.

What would you do?

Brad Weber

Re: Corporate Marketing? Where do you go?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 11:53:54 AM »

What do they do and what role and types of projects are they looking at?  An AV company could mean a contractor, rental/staging provider, consultant, manufacturer, rep, operator or any one of several other roles.  Defining their role and market is the first thing.

Also keep in mind that it seems that you are asking people to recommend how to use tools they took years to develop and give that information to a potential competitor. Rolling Eyes
Brad Weber
muse Audio Video

Al Beck

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 12:07:51 PM »

They provide live sound and special event services for corporate, political and small concert events.

The company is audio only, but works with other providers for lighting, stage, etc.

Looking to focus in the Great Lakes market, mostly in Upstate NY, Ohio & Western PA.

Competition is not a bad thing, but this company would not be a threat on a global market.

Just some general tips would be appreciated.

Brad Weber

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 02:12:54 PM »

Can't really help you there as that is not my market as far as role or geographic.  If this involves primarily portable audio, you might want to try searching and posting in the LAB and/or LAB Lounge forums.
Brad Weber
muse Audio Video

Tony "T" Tissot

• http://www.4dbsound.com
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 10:35:22 PM »

This is a tough PR problem.

I have 3 points of reference - ran mar + PR and corp comm for part of a multinational & Local soundco operator.

The business is relationship-based. Folks savvy enough to think of good audio or lighting - knows preferred suppliers. Everyone else gets in a last minute pinch!

So the advice (FWIW) - It's really a sales job - Calling, writing and meeting folks.

Know all area venues and who runs them, all the hotel managers, all the local or regional promoters.

- It's one person at a time - with short introductions and a small leave-behind 1-pager, and a few business cards.

For Big stuff (big events, major sales meetings, customer and analyst events...) I always let an outside producer handle - with an OK on subs from our end.

We used lot's of subs (contractors that is) - always a preferred individual rather than a company.

The only info that made me aware of "new" companies were the trade rags - PSN, FOH etc.

Folks would send info all of the time. I would have the occasional meeting with a group like Carabiner. Didn't translate to any business for them. I met lot's of folks at shows

-  -

(My assumption is you already have the traditional PR aspects for the local and regional press covered).
MNGS
ProSoundWeb - Home of 50,000 audio professionals - and two or three curmudgeonly SOBs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.