ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: tell me a Good IEM System for DRUMS and vocals...  (Read 2532 times)

Malinda Lowe

• http://www.nalin-marians.com
tell me a Good IEM System for DRUMS and vocals...
« on: January 15, 2007, 05:58:12 AM »

hii.... guys pls give me some modles of good IEM Systems for the drums... i have yamaha acoustic kit... and fpr the vocals as well...

Thanx

Malinda
Malinda -CoolSoundGuy-

Big thank to PSW..!!

Josh Oswald

Re: tell me a Good IEM System for DRUMS and vocals...
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 08:10:00 AM »

At our church most of the musicians use Sony 7506's hardwired to Behringer headphone amps, but we have had great success with shure's PSM400 and PSM600 iem systems with Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 pros. The Ultimate Ears dual driver design really helps with low frequency response for bass players a drummers.

HTH,
Oswald
Evangel Temple Church
Montgomery, Alabama

Ned Cullen

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 10:08:20 AM »

Sure wired PSM400 should work really well or if you need to save just get the PSM200 receiver only as I believe those can be wired or wireless.

Terry Martin

• http://www.SixtyFourEast.com
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 02:50:59 PM »

I use a wireless PSM 400 with e5's (no butt-kicker).  Works pretty good for me.  Although it has taken me a while to get my mix where it sounds right.  I had a Mackie 1604 VLZ Pro, but moved it to backup duty behind a MixWiz.  ....still tinkering with the mix, but it works great for me.  Been on ears for about 3 years now and HATE to use a wedge anymore.

Terry
Martin Performance Enterprises, LLC
Live Audio, Lighting - Rentals, Sales, Installs
Henderson, KY
--------------------

Bob Witte

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 04:18:04 PM »

Drums: We use a Presonus HP4 headphone amp (don't need wireless since the drummer won't be running around much) into Shure E3 - drummer loves it (and so do I as the sound man).

Vocals are also into another Presonus HP4 with up to four having seperate volume control into E2's or E3's (we might still have one E1 yet too).

keyboardist and lead vocal and a few Guitars on wireless PSM400 - running two separate mono monitor mixes into one PSM400 transmitter. Again E2's, E3 or E5.

Takes some time for everyone to get used to them and give them good monitor mixes, but once set up right, the loss in stage volume with no wedges is great. Still need wedges when we run sound for other groups, but everyone is IEM with our own group.

Bob
Cascading Waters Audio Consulting
www.cascadingwatersaudio.com

Bob Cap

• http://parallel.tzo.com/AdvancedAudio
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 05:07:44 PM »

I'm a drummer as well as a sound person. I have the Shure E-5's and they work well. I also am waiting for the custom molds to come back. They will fit better and be more comfortable to wear.

Tha sound has all the bottom end I need.

BTW I am playing Roland V Drums. The rest of the band includes vocals, guitar, bass and keys.

Bob Cap
Advanced Audio Inc.
(Redd Ryder drummer/lead vocalist)
Gilbert, MN

Jerry Ziarko

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 09:20:57 PM »

Bob Cap wrote on Mon, 15 January 2007 17:07

I'm a drummer as well as a sound person. I have the Shure E-5's and they work well. I also am waiting for the custom molds to come back. They will fit better and be more comfortable to wear.

Bob, You won't believe how much nicer the IEM experience is with a custom fit. Which molds did you order the Westone or the Sensaphonics?

Bob Cap

• http://parallel.tzo.com/AdvancedAudio
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 09:50:22 AM »

The sensaphonics. I talked to a few guys that use them and they seem very pleased.

I'm looking for a more comfortable fit than needing the sound isolation. The band I play in is all direct and I play electronic drums so the stage level is very low.

Bob Cap
Advanced Audio Inc.
Gilbert, MN
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.