ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Nothing Vs Nothing  (Read 4829 times)

Geri O'Neil

Re: Nothing Vs Nothing
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2007, 07:47:20 AM »

Geez, if you're that bored, then tool on over to the main LAB forum and read the "EAW to move manufacturing to Asia" thread.

But you said you only had a day off, might not be enough time... Very Happy

Geri O
"Stagelite Sound...A Pin 2 hot-compliant company"

Milt Hathaway

• http://www.fitzcosound.com
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2007, 09:00:07 AM »

"Nothing from nothing leaves nothing."

http://www.urbannetwork.com/grfx/news/Billy%20Preston.jpg
--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX
http://www.fitzcosound.com

Clayton Luckie

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2007, 09:22:14 AM »

THE NOTHING?!?!??  Its not coming to get us, is it?!?!  ATREYUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

http://www.neverendingstory.com/images/Image194.jpg

CL

Rob Burgess

• Montreal, QC, Canada
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2007, 11:50:21 PM »

Evan Kirkendall wrote on Fri, 12 January 2007 23:43

Hi,
Im the owner of a new club.  
<snip>
My volt meter bitches at me whenever I plug it into the outlet

You know, even if I wasn't already 110% sure that you were joking, this last line would have given it away.  Owner of a club with a meter?  Pull the other one, it has bells on.

--
Rob
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.

Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Jesse Mahoney

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2007, 07:15:22 AM »

http://static.stickam.com/media/video/converted/1700/4715/6/F2A2F748-1119-11DB-AD70-F4A7242849F0.flv.jpg

A Man

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2007, 11:04:58 PM »

http://www.fwweekly.com/files%5C2006-04-12%5Clup2(atreyu)4-12.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist.  Twisted Evil

Stephen Askins

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2007, 04:21:02 AM »

Hi Evan,
      I'm buying a club as well but I dont want those hairy people called "musicians" or those "roadies" who show large amounts of bum crack in my club.  I'm thinking of using only DJ's or bands that dont actually have real musicians and use only those things called "sequencers"?  That way I only have to pay for no talent people who pretend to be talented! Pretty cool eh!  (add "bro" if your a kiwi Laughing !!!!!"

Seriously though Evan, I've invested heavily in a new state of the art Behringer PA which my DJ who also works with the local telephone installation company assures me is worth every dollar I've paid for it (so far $859!!!).  I was going to talk to a audio consultant before I opened the club but he wanted to charge me twice the amount my telephone guy charges!!!  No point in wasting money eh??

Anyway Evan, I've decided to bite the bullet and spend some extra dollars on a device that my DJ (whose stage name is "DJ I need more bass from your 8" drivers") recommends.  He says that if I put an Aural Exciter or Sonic Maximiser over the entire system I will instantly have a better sound and world peace will be achieved.  Any you know what Evan ?  I believe him because I feel he is as qualified as the consultant who wanted to help me as he is a DJ and also installs telephones!!  Lets face it, DJ's know sound much better than those consultant/roadie dudes as  they have to listen to music all of the time!

So Evan, good luck with your Club.  Dont be afraid to check out E-bay for real bargains.  I just purchased the following at unbelievable prices:-

Aphex Exciter with a Big Bottom control that has been modified to give you an extra 100db at -20hz (Thats where the real disco bass happens!)

Every Alesis product ever made (apparantly some of these were once vomited on by Jimi Hendrix which means they are collectables!)

Behringer DI's (these have a built in feature that add 20db of hiss at approx 8K so you feel like its windy inside your venue; the hippys love this as it makes them feel like they are close to nature!)

I can also get you a great deal on Monster Cable which you will need if you want your audio system to sound "right".

Regards

Stephen Askins
Sydney, Australia

Evan Kirkendall

• http://www.evankirkendall.com
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2007, 03:26:34 PM »

Hello,
Ive already taken care of the PA.

Ive got 2 CV "Earthquake" subwoofers flown from the ceiling with rope. Then Ive got 3.5 home maid dual 14" subwoofers on the stage.

The stage is a pile of pallets I strapped together.

For mids Ive got 2 home maid 4x8" cabs on the floor. My buddy recommend I get a block of piezo tweeters for the stacks as well. So, I got 16 piezo's per side. I've got the subs crossed over at 400hz and the mids run 500-5k. The piezos are run full range to really add a nice crisp sound to the PA.

Ive got 2 gem sound amps on subs. The rest of the PA is plugged into my Yamaha 5.1 home stereo receiver.

Ive got 2 Radioshack mics plugged into the Yamaha.

I used the $300 audiopyle cables to ensure everything has no resistance and sounds it's best.

I had a buzz on the PA, so I chopped the ground off and plugged it in upside down in the outlet.

Cant wait for the first DJ to come in.

Evan
Not all change is good change.

Scott Deeter

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2007, 03:37:06 PM »

Evan Kirkendall wrote on Thu, 18 January 2007 15:26

Hello,
So, I got 16 piezo's per side. I've got the subs crossed over at 400hz and the mids run 500-5k. The piezos are run full range to really add a nice crisp sound to the PA.

Evan

Even,
I really suggest taking 4 pizza's from the top of each stack and mounting them into to each sub box to help bring out the click or "chick" sound of the base drum.

Respectively submitted,
Scott
Take care,
Scott Deeter

Patrick Tracy

• Boulder Sound Guy
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2007, 04:02:48 PM »

All very funny until you walk into a club for a briefcase gig and find that someone took you seriously. "Hey, Even, I built you the perfect system. I can't wait to hear how good you'll make it sound."

I had a gig not too long ago that wasn't too far off from that in concept though the details differed. There were three different speakers for monitors, none a wedge, all cheap, all paralleled to one amp channel. It was as fun as shoveling sand into the ocean.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.