ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VGA issues  (Read 2050 times)

Marc Moss

VGA issues
« on: January 23, 2007, 02:41:45 PM »

I am trying to distribute VGA source material from a Kramer VP 8x8 to multiple displays.  We ran VGA cables to all points and planned on installing LCD displays with VGA inputs.  However, our client in his wisdom, decided to go and purchase his own displays that do not have VGA inputs (long story, we all have them). I tried a cheap-o VGA to component video converter with horrible results (blowout brightness, smeared image, etc.). My inclination is to go with a VGA to HDMI converter at the source of each display, but I was wondering if anyone out there had any experience with this.

ALSO - the one display (that we literally went with grandpaw to Wal-Mart to select and purchase) with VGA input is working, but, the picture is still a little washed out (blacks not dark, a little washout).  When I bypass the Kramer switcher, the picture is perfect.  

Any recommendations???

Tom Manchester

• http://www.electrosoundsystems.com
Re: VGA issues
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 09:29:51 PM »

Could you just use one of the 5 Coax lines in the VGA cable to run composite video to all the monitors from the switcher instead?

Other then that the VGA > HDMI might work, you would probably get better resolution then downconverting to composite video.

How about Y/Cb/Cr inputs on the monitors? Does it have those? They make 15 pin VGA > 3 RCA Y/Cb/Cr cables that could work and preserve quality.
-Tom
Electro Sound Systems
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.