ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Driverack PA didn't want to accept input?  (Read 2079 times)

Mike McNany

Driverack PA didn't want to accept input?
« on: December 17, 2006, 04:25:15 pm »

Had a strange drpa problem last night. This happens after a worrisome 75 minute drive to the gig with the trailer lights out (found when gassing up, broken ground wire, temporary fixed on a band break at the gig) AND the spade connectors fell off the one speakon monitor out on the amp rack I/O panel. I think I'll hot glue them together before the next gig.

Powered everything up, tried a CD, had signal out of the mixer as shown by the meters. Nothing out of the PA. Checked all cabling. drpa was dark, found the IEC power cable fell out. Turned it on, LED screen looked good, made sure the correct speaker program was loaded, still no sound. Yanked out a main inserted analog EQ. Finally noticed there was NO signal on the drpa's input meters. Cycled drpa power (amps turned down, of course). Meters in and out flash but no signal. Changed out the cables from the mixer to the drpa, same results. Cycled drpa power a couple more times and then we had input signal showing and ONCE we turned the amps back up, every thing worked fine. Frustration caused added stupid mistakes Mad .  

Anybody have similar probs or suggestions on cause? Will be posting the same on the driverack site.  Since it's a small bar system, I only have the drpa for crossover function. I was worried we might have had to go subless last night if it had not decided to work. The rig resides in a trailer. Yes, it's been cold but well above freezing the last week here in PA so I don't THINK it was condensation related, but possible.

Mike McNany

Matt Vivlamore

• http://www.meerkatsound.com
Re: Driverack PA didn't want to accept input?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 04:37:31 pm »

That must of been one bumpy trip... call your state and bitch them out for such rough roads... lol

ahh, reading this make me love my analog gear even more for my bar rig.

Find us on the web at: meerkatsound.com

I'm using: EV QRx212 over JBL SRX718s(2) with Crown IT's and MRX512m & MRX525 on monitors with XTi's; all controlled by Yamaha LS9-32.  I have a bunch of other stuff too.

Don Boomer

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 05:49:37 pm »

Did you meter the line voltage?  Low voltage could make it freak out.
Don Boomer
Wireless Sales Engineer
Line 6, inc.

Andy Peters

• http://www.latke.net/
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 06:10:19 pm »

Mike McNany wrote on Sun, 17 December 2006 14:25

Powered everything up, tried a CD, had signal out of the mixer as shown by the meters. Nothing out of the PA. Checked all cabling. drpa was dark, found the IEC power cable fell out. Turned it on, LED screen looked good, made sure the correct speaker program was loaded, still no sound. Yanked out a main inserted analog EQ. Finally noticed there was NO signal on the drpa's input meters. Cycled drpa power (amps turned down, of course). Meters in and out flash but no signal. Changed out the cables from the mixer to the drpa, same results. Cycled drpa power a couple more times and then we had input signal showing and ONCE we turned the amps back up, every thing worked fine. Frustration caused added stupid mistakes Mad .  

Anybody have similar probs or suggestions on cause?

This happened exactly once at the club ... power up, no signal pass-through.

Solved it by forcing the DRPA to re-load the desired program.

I thought it was a weird power-up glitch.  Other than that, dunno.

-a
"This isn't some upside down inverted Socratic method where you throw out your best guess answers and I correct your work." -- JR

"On the Internet, nobody can hear you mix a band."

Drew Curtis

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 09:46:33 pm »

Never any trouble with the audio portion of the box, but i normally have to cycle power 3 or 4 times at every gig to get the display on mine to work properly.

Mike McNany

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 11:08:53 pm »

Don Boomer wrote on Sun, 17 December 2006 17:49

Did you meter the line voltage?  Low voltage could make it freak out.

My handy LED meter in a "power conditioner" showed 115 VAC.

Mike McNany
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 17 queries.