ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question for 01v users  (Read 3521 times)

duane massey

Question for 01v users
« on: February 20, 2011, 07:05:02 PM »

How fast does the recall function work, and any glitches that are common? I'm considering buying a used original pre-96VCM model to use for simple FX presets in a house gig, using the direct channels outs on the house mixer. Are the onboard FX useful for generic purposes? thanks.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
Re: Question for 01v users
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 07:14:52 PM »

Duane -

I have an old original 01v (non 96) that I'm happy with. FX isn't world class, but I was able to get rid of a SPX90 and a MPX200; I may take my MPX500 out of my home rack and use it as a reverb to have a really good one, but I generally use reverb and then a short delay on mine and they're fine for bars and pubs.

Recall works fairly well from location to location, which is how I have EQs set. Don't know how quick it would be if you were trying to change scenes, but if you're mixing it should be fine.

Hope this helps.

tim.j.phillips

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 09:22:42 PM »

Duane:

I know the O1V-96 we have is great for general use as far as the effects go and the response time for recall is fairly quick.  Our board has a bunch of presets for various bands we do and it seems to work fine from day to day.  Just out of curiosity what FOH board are you using?
Yes, I really do know what all these buttons do

duane massey

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 10:11:11 PM »

Thanks, Tim, it's an A&H GL2400. I only need to work with 5 vocal channels, fx only, and from my keyboard located about 20' from the console, which sits next to the drummer. Need to have dedicated settings for probably 10-20 songs/song types, and all 5 vocalists share lead duties. Only a few extreme fxs needed (Purple Rain, old R&B slap, etc), and I've got an M-One to throw into the "mix" as well as the 01V' internals. Strictly fx, no level or EQ changes under my control. House band, permanent location, so I'm more concerned about quick changes and $$ invested.

Changing the house console to a digital board is not an option for several reasons, so this seems like a workable solution.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

John Livings

• Los Angeles, California
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 01:09:15 AM »

Hi Duane,

If you have the space, the 02R Version 2 (Its the older one) The same price as the 01V and the cards (CD) are available and inexpensive.

Regards,  John

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 01:16:59 PM »

How fast does the recall function work, and any glitches that are common? I'm considering buying a used original pre-96VCM model to use for simple FX presets in a house gig, using the direct channels outs on the house mixer. Are the onboard FX useful for generic purposes? thanks.
There are a bunch of 01v96 out there... rent one and play with it.

If the discussions about the Presonus "SucksAtLive" mixer's recall muting and time consumption is what spurred this inquiry, you will find the Yammy "instantaneous."  The Yammy's internal reset/recall is accomplished faster than the faders can move.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Nate Salisbury

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 12:33:46 PM »

FX's are decent.  Recall function works great IMO. I've used the older O1V for concerts, where I had multiple wireless HH's and each song had different singers, my favorite use is in theater work where many actors are changing wireless belt backs in-between scenes. save the mutes as well as the volume levels of each voice in each scene.  Recall function is instant, in the 5+ years I've used it I haven't had any glitches.

Geoff Doane

• Halifax, NS
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 02:55:58 PM »

Recall function is instant, in the 5+ years I've used it I haven't had any glitches.

It might be worth noting that the recall time doesn't have to be instantaneous.  You can save a crossfade time with each scene if you want, and I've had that happen inadvertently too, so make sure the time is set to zero.

GTD

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 07:24:52 PM »

It might be worth noting that the recall time doesn't have to be instantaneous.  You can save a crossfade time with each scene if you want, and I've had that happen inadvertently too, so make sure the time is set to zero.

GTD
And if you set the time for say 10 seconds the console can get quite loud.  Not in the signal level coming out, but with all the faders clicking around as they change.  Asssuming a fairly large movement.  Clack-clack clack etc

Once you do it, you don' want to do it again.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 07:24:52 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.