ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pro DVD players  (Read 2444 times)

Clayton Luckie

Pro DVD players
« on: December 11, 2006, 04:44:50 PM »

We just installed a Denon DN-V200 in the church, and I am less than thrilled with it.  It is having some troubles playing a burned DVD-R that we made in house.  If it can't do that, then it is of little use, since that is what we do most of the time.

I guess the first question is... is there a way to make it play DVD-R's better?  The disc played fine straight through when I tested it, but during the rehearsal, when I had it paused for a bit, it would skip and jump around a lot.  This was more than just having to wait for the disc to spin up.  It was jumping a lot.  I had to use the mpegs on the PC.  The disc was in great condition, and the player is new.  Is there a certain kind/brand of disc that would be better to use, or am I just going to have trouble with DVD-R discs in general?

Second question... if I can't make this player work with DVD-R's, what other options are out there for pro DVD players.  My top priorities are 1) playing DVD-R discs well (of course) 2) ability to hide OSD 3) black screen on idle 4) ample control buttons on the front surface (no remote needed for basic functions).  Any ideas?

thanks

cl

Steve Rynbrandt

Re: Pro DVD players
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 08:42:39 PM »

Sorry, can't offer any ideas for your Denon.

As far as alternatives are concerned, you may want to check out the Tascam DV-D6500:

Tascam DV-D6500

Steve Rynbrandt

Phil LaDue

Re: Pro DVD players
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 03:21:24 PM »

Are they Sony discs? I hate Sony discs, as they can sometimes completely disappear from drives.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.217 seconds with 19 queries.