ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 16x9 Projectors  (Read 3162 times)

Philip Roberts

16x9 Projectors
« on: December 14, 2006, 10:56:15 PM »

Wondering if any of you have uses the 16x9 native resolution projectors that are have been coming out. Do you have any particular recommendations of either good or bad models in the 3000 lumen range? Particularly if they can accommodate wide angle lenses that get into the 1.3:1 or so range.

Thanks
Philip Roberts
Director of Media Engineering
Pioneer Memorial Seventh Day Adventist Church
Berrien Springs MI

Brad Weber

Re: 16x9 Projectors
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 10:51:11 AM »

For 3,000 ANSI lumen LCD projectors I would consider the Sanyo PLV-80, the Christie Digital LW300 and the Eiki LC-W3.  All have pretty much identical specs for a good reason, they're all basically the same projector built off the Sanyo platform.

In DLP, you might want to look at the Christie Digital DW30 and the Mitsubishi WD2000U.

I believe that all of these have short throw lens options.  In some cases the projector may come with a standard lens and any optional lenses are ordered as accessories.  With others the projector either comes without a lens or can be ordered with no lens and you then order the lens as a separate item.  This latter approach may save a little money if you only need the short throw lens.

Several of these I have only seen at shows and in demos, but all these manufacturers also have pretty good reputations for reliability and for service and support, at least through their contractor dealers.

Brad Weber
muse Audio Video

Philip Roberts

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 05:15:36 PM »

Brad

Thanks, I took a look at most of those models and wow, they defiantly a good deal more than 4x3 projectors with similar specs.

Thanks
Philip Roberts
Director of Media Engineering
Pioneer Memorial Seventh Day Adventist Church
Berrien Springs MI

Ken Freeman

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 12:17:30 AM »

Philip Roberts wrote on Fri, 15 December 2006 14:15

Thanks, I took a look at most of those models and wow, they defiantly a good deal more than 4x3 projectors with similar specs.

Ah yes, the cost of being new and cool...

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.