Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > The Basement

Spider-Man Turn Off the Dark Show on Broadway

(1/1)

Ned Ward:
Just saw it Thursday night. Technical show with lots of stagework, wire work etc. Definitely different.

On music, does anyone know if the guitar player/bassist onstage are actually playing, or are they miming? From middle center of the house, their left and right hands didn't seem to have a lot in common with the score, even factoring in any delay. Thanks.

Tim McCulloch:

--- Quote from: Ned Ward on February 20, 2011, 05:03:55 PM ---Just saw it Thursday night. Technical show with lots of stagework, wire work etc. Definitely different.

On music, does anyone know if the guitar player/bassist onstage are actually playing, or are they miming? From middle center of the house, their left and right hands didn't seem to have a lot in common with the score, even factoring in any delay. Thanks.

--- End quote ---

Probably.  The AFM has rules about actors playing instruments.

"Spiderman: Drop another Actor, Turn out the Stagehands."  I found it funny that Joan Rivers pretty much verbally slapped director Julie Taymor.  Rumor is the producers are bringing in another director to finish the show... and I hope nobody else gets injured, maimed or killed before the show is "frozen."

UPDATE: director hired: https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2011/02/21/business/AP-US-Theater-Spider-Man-Help.html

$65 million to have actors fall from their fly rigging?  Naw, I'm not into theatrical blood sport.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version