ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Allen & Heath GL2800  (Read 83048 times)

John Brearton

• http://www.therightsoundco.com
Re: Allen & Heath GL2800
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2007, 06:05:30 PM »

That is what I found too... Nothing I tried would get the mix 9 and/or 10 fader to AFL to the cue wedge.

I even twisted the "LR-M" knob shown here:

index.php/fa/11499/0/

Possibly the 9-10 pair would work well as an in-ear mix and the engineer could cue it up in cans using the monitor 9-10 button.

John
John Brearton
The Right Sound Company
http://www.therightsoundco.com

John Brearton

• http://www.therightsoundco.com
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2007, 06:19:52 PM »

I do want to comment on the build quality. At least for the PSU.

I actually purchased this one used off the Marketplace here. The PSU was shipped mounted in a small rack. The carrier was quite rough with it and it must have been dropped and tossed around pretty good. Much more abusive than any of us would be with a rack, short of accidentally dropping it down a flight of stairs. The rack ears were bent in several directions but the unit still works flawlessly putting out the correct voltages.

John

John Brearton
The Right Sound Company
http://www.therightsoundco.com

Tony "T" Tissot

• http://www.4dbsound.com
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2007, 10:26:25 PM »

It's an 8 aux board for practical, mono out, traditional purposes.

The differences in aux 9 and 10 start all the way back at the channel strip.
MNGS
ProSoundWeb - Home of 50,000 audio professionals - and two or three curmudgeonly SOBs.

Kevin Ballard

« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2007, 05:48:29 AM »

Bink said
[/quote]

Thanks to Carey and his team for continuing to push the point where budget meets feature set. Let's hear it for Cornwall!

-Bink

http://www.cornwall-calling.co.uk/culture/flag.jpg[/quote]

For Heavens sake, don't encourage them or we'll have to start taking our passports there for our summer breaks. Laughing
Kevin Ballard

Yes the Toilets are over there!

Anthony Montano

« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2007, 01:24:25 AM »

I like everything about this economy console except for one minor thing. The pink noise function.  What I found is when you use the built-in pink noise generator in this console with a sizable sound system with some decent volume, is feedback.  Feedback through the consoles frame/housing.  I beleive all the latest generation GL consoles have this problem.  Go ahead and try it! Turn on the pink noise,  turn up the sound over your system.  While its up try tapping the console surface like knocking on a door and you will hear it over your PA.  I addressed this with A & H two years ago and they replied that it was not an important enough problem to make a fix.
     Although you should not use this consoles pink noise source as a way of measuring a room, it better serves its purpose for referencing gain where you need to see it on the console or as a simple means of trouble shooting.

Randall "Btm Fdr" Cook

« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2009, 05:05:04 PM »

Is it a good idea to use the stereo 9-10 aux for effects sends?  Left or 9 to Reverb and Right or 10 to Delay?

What's the best way to use the auxes of the GL2800 when you need more than 4 monitor mixes (pre fade) and at least 2 auxes for effects (post)?

Thank you!

Peter Etheredge

« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2009, 11:33:53 AM »

Randall Cook wrote on Fri, 27 March 2009 16:05

Is it a good idea to use the stereo 9-10 aux for effects sends?  Left or 9 to Reverb and Right or 10 to Delay?

What's the best way to use the auxes of the GL2800 when you need more than 4 monitor mixes (pre fade) and at least 2 auxes for effects (post)?

Thank you!

That's what I would do/have done.

It woul be nice if every single or at least every two aux's could be set to pre/post but it is a mid level board so it would be kind of silly to expect such a thing.

That said for a mid level analog board it's by far one of the best deals out there and I've had nothing but good experiences with these things.

pete
Peter Etheredge
Systems Engineer and Designer
Top-Notch Productions, INC.
petheredge(at)tnprod.com

Randall "Btm Fdr" Cook

« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2009, 11:52:25 AM »

Thanks Pete!

I haven't purchased this board yet, but it is number one in the running.  I hope to land one soon!

I know what you mean by the ability to select pre/post per aux or every two.  That would be nice, but not affordable for me at this time.

Thanks again for your confirmation on the use of the GL2800 auxes!

Randall

Keith Shannon

« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2009, 06:41:22 PM »

Quote:

Routing buttons bunched up with no indication of on or off

Just curious, but could you give me an example of an analog board anywhere near this price range that does have more than up-down indication of routing? Not having had the privilege of working with anything more than the 2400-series, I have just gotten used to the up-down indication.

One thing you may consider, if you control this mixer, is painting the front side of the up-down buttons in some color that will contrast well under just the desk lights (maybe even glow-paint). Red==off, just like the mute switches.

Brandon Blakeney

« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2009, 06:35:55 PM »

GL2800 is an awesome console especially for the money! I installed one in a local club a couple of years ago and have not had a problem with it. A&H really addressed a missing link in the GL series with this console. Many clubs and Local so co's on a budget need at least 8 auxes but can't afford a $10K console when they only make $500-$1000 per show. I really like the VU meters on the larger A&H consoles, but I understand it would just add to the cost.  Very Happy
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.