ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody have the Danley SH100B?  (Read 3640 times)

Dan Brandesky

Anybody have the Danley SH100B?
« on: November 26, 2006, 02:38:47 pm »

I was surfing last night and happened upon these speakers. They look like a dream come true really; totally full range in one box. I'm not sure I even want to know the price tag on these, but I'm wondering if anyone out there has some and what they think of them. Also, I'm curious as to how people get them up off the ground, since it looks like they're meant to be used horizontally, though it might be that they can go either way, but still, they don't stand really tall, and without needing subs, I'm not sure what you would put them on to elevate them enough to disperse well.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

-Dan
Why do I need cymbal overheads? I'll just use SM58s on the vocals.

Ivan Beaver

Re: Anybody have the Danley SH100B?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 06:33:50 pm »

I have installed quite a few of them.  There is no pole mount (to heavy), but they do come with rated fly ware for installations.

It does not matter what position you put them in, the coverage is conical 100*.  You will not get any lobes off of the 8" in either direction, as the crossover is low enough between the lows and mids, that the seperation of the lows will not make a difference.  The position is more of convienience or visual issues than performance.

For a portable situation, you will need to have some way to get them up in the air a bit.
For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs

Mike T Wallace

• http://www.vslpro.com
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 12:53:58 pm »

I too have used them. We put them in a 600 seat church and they work very well. We used 2 TH-115s and 1 SH-100B per side .
Full band on stage no problem. If need higher output than these, go with the SH-50.

The new version that I saw at the WFX show (and used in the above application) is one of my favorite Danley products.

Mike Wallace

VSL Pro,LLC

<a href="mailto:mike@vslpro.com" target="_blank">mike@vslpro.com</a>

Bennett Prescott

• http://www.adraudio.com
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 01:15:07 pm »

Dan, as you are no doubt aware, Danley Sound Labs, the man, and associates all have a sterling reputation here on the LAB.

I've heard nearly all of their products and find each to be impressive. I also find their spec sheets to be some of the most honest in the industry, if not the truest to actual performance.

I've worked with the SH100 several times, but only as fills for a balcony in an install. I walked it while the mix was up and found it present and clear, very well meshed with the sound from the mains.

The only time I've heard the SH100B was at Danley's booth at InfoComm this year. It sounded excellent, and we had a chance to put it up against the SH100 and the SH50. An extremely hi-fi speaker with very, very smooth coverage and nice low end response. If the specs say it'll do the kind of SPL you want I'd give it a try.
-- Bennett Prescott
Director of North American Sales
ADRaudio d.o.o.
Cell: (518) 488-7190

"Give me 6dB and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

Dan Brandesky

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 05:16:43 pm »

Well, folks, the results are in: if I had the money, heck, if I had ANY money, I would probably get these speakers. As it is, however, I don't quite think I have the kind of cash to obtain these speakers...

-Dan
Why do I need cymbal overheads? I'll just use SM58s on the vocals.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 19 queries.