ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Allen & Heath PA20-CP and Lexicon MX400 - How to best Route  (Read 1298 times)

Eric Bergsson

Allen & Heath PA20-CP and Lexicon MX400 - How to best Route
« on: November 10, 2006, 05:32:03 pm »

Hello ...

I have an Allen and Heath PA20-CP. I wasn't overly impressed with the internal effects so I bought a Lexicon MX400 ..

Now I'm wondering what is the best way to bring the Lexicon into the mixer ...

There is a mono effects out on the Master section and a left and right external effects return. If you disable the mixers internal effects ... and use this effects return .... you can still use the FX knobs on the channels as if you were routed internally

Would I get a better result by using the "aux out" into the Lexicon ... and returning to one of the stereo channels? Do you get a better sound this way from your reverb?

Thanks for any help ......

Jordan Wolf

• http://www.facebook.com/howlingwolf487
Re: Allen & Heath PA20-CP and Lexicon MX400 - How to best Route
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 12:47:38 am »

I would recommend using an Aux send for easier signal routing and then returning it via a stereo channel - this allows for more control of the wet/dry ratio.  Plus, you can EQ your effects a little if desired.  We've got 4-5 processors here at my university and we route them back through both mono (for vocals coming out of a center cluster) and stereo channels (for instruments, etc. coming from L/R) depending on what we want to hear.  
Wolf
<><

"A lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
- Me

"With that much comb filtering you could probably part your hair just by walking through the room." - Dick Rees
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 19 queries.