ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Sources for cat5 snake with 2 XLR channels.  (Read 14090 times)

Ryan McLeod

Re: Sources for cat5 snake with 2 XLR channels.
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 06:16:21 PM »

hey Dan -

I'm now in a similar situation and looking for a "rugged Cat-5 + some analog pairs", and I'm in Canada as well.

I've contacted all the Major cable players in Canada and options/pricing are all over the Map (in some cases, it's a whole nother planet!) but I was plesantly surprised by the Pricing on the Whirlwind Medusa-Cat-6 that Frank Linked to earlier in this thread - it's quite nice and considerably cheaper then what I have seen from others.

Can I ask you for details of what you found, where/who you contracted and the pricing you found? In my case the Medusa at it's pricetag seems like a bargain... almost sniffs of "too good to be true"... anyone else out there got one, and if so, whad do you think?

Ryan

Hi all,
We decided to go the with the solution proposed by Mac: separate cat5 and audio snakes, bundled together. Easier to change one of the elements in case of failure, more choices of retailers = better prices.

Thanks for all the replies.

Cheers
Dan

Scott Raymond

• Nebraska
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 08:36:30 PM »

Dan,

Would you happen to have a link to "Link".  ;)  I hit about 11 million sites in a search(s) and it's probably a name that won't be findable in a search.

Thanks!
Scott

Link cabling makes a 2 * cat6 and 2 * AES/EBU or XLR pair in one jacket
FYI

db

Phil LaDue

• Central and Metro NY
    • Philip LaDue
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 08:39:40 PM »

Dan,

Would you happen to have a link to "Link".  ;)  I hit about 11 million sites in a search(s) and it's probably a name that won't be findable in a search.

http://www.linkusa-inc.com/
Philip LaDue
Freelance Stagehand, A2, commercial driver, rigger, staging mechanic
M: 1-646-397-5028

Brad Galvin

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 08:59:12 PM »

It may not be worth bringing up at this point since you have already found your solution, but there is a company that I work with that had a custom snake made with (I believe) 4 or 6 CAT6, 2 DMX, and 4 Analog XLR lines. The use it with the LS9-16 and the SB168. So far it has been really nice. I use 2 lines for the SB168 and then another of the CAT6 for wireless workbench. The analog lines are great for intercom returns. If anyone is interested let me know and I will try and find out who they purchased this from.
Brad Galvin

Freelance Audio Engineer & System Tech

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 08:59:12 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.