ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Sub Array Layout  (Read 15965 times)

Iain.Macdonald

Re: Sub Array Layout
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 12:26:44 PM »

Hi,

For the o/p, have a look at this paper from JBL about their FSA(Forward Steered Array). Somebody has obviously had better luck persuading a company to try this concept. I tried some years ago, and all I got was disbelieving stares. Oh well. Hope this helps.

Iain.

John Vaneldik

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 02:30:51 AM »

David,

That is exactly what is being discussed, except that there were 8 subs in each row. I also started a thread on soundforums.net. On that board Randy (Carrie's FOH guy has joined the discussion) and there are pictures of a similar flow version on a Godsmack tour.

I am very excited about where audio is going with concepts like this.

John

Hi Dick,
I think this is what is being discussed (assuming the cabs were stood upright).
Cheers,
David.

David Morison

• SR Forums
  • Aberdeen, Scotland
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 08:22:26 AM »

I also couldn't really figure out the original description. If I understand the picture correctly it's a sort of tunnel of subs under the stage firing first under the drummer then out towards the front of the stage?

But then I can't make sense of the "assuming the cabs stood upright"-comment...??

Hi Frederik,
The "tunnel" description is about right, though from the OP I think there was one such setup each side of the stage rather than a single central one.

My comment about the cabinets being upright was in reference to the fact that I only show one driver in each as if you were loking down on a 2x18 from the top - just because it was quicker to sketch up that way rather than doubling the number of drivers per box in the pic.
Cheers,
David.

Peter Morris

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 01:56:39 AM »

This discussion also taking place on 'another' forum.  The linked pic shows a flown variation.

http://www.soundforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=714&d=1298952956

The thread also contains some additional reference material.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc

The flown array could be described as an end-fire dipole.  In the horizontal plane the end-fire arrangement gives a cardioid type pattern.  In the vertical plane, its a dipole and the bass directed towards the stage a roof will be reduced…. perfect !

Peter

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 01:56:39 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.