ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zero88 Fat Frog video output compatibility problems  (Read 1551 times)

Dr. Lech Kaminski

Zero88 Fat Frog video output compatibility problems
« on: November 24, 2006, 05:40:48 PM »

I have a Fat Frog - and it drives a normal (my old CRT) monitor fine.

However, it does not work with a new monitor, a Deawoo L710TV.

The new monitor works fine off my PC. My old monitor works fine off my PC. My old monitor works fine with the Fat Frog.
BUT, no luck using new monitor with frog.

When I use the monitor in any setting (except when connected to frog) it allows on-screen menus. with the frog, even they don't work?????????

I mean... the menu is an internally driven source accessed by controls on the monitor not an external device.

This is just *weird*.

Any suggestions???

Any one else have these issues??

David Buckley

Re: Zero88 Fat Frog video output compatibility problems
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 10:03:01 PM »

My guess would be that the frog is outputting a resolution that the  new telly wont handle.  The frog VGAs are described as "super VGA", which is probably 800x600, and the LCD telly wants 1280 x 1024, ie it hasn't got an internal upscaler.

Try adjusting your PCs video properties to 800x600, and see if the LCD will display it.  if not, theres the answer.

Dr. Lech Kaminski

Re: Zero88 Fat Frog video output compatibility problems
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 06:10:10 AM »

Hello Dave,

thank you for your sugestion.

Unfortunately that is not the problem - at the time I cranked up the res on the PC to max, and also to min, to see what the telly says. On max it said "out of range" on the screen, on min it worked fine. The simply strange thing is that when the frog is plugged into it, the on-screen menus, which are generated inside the monitor electronics do not work. The screen blinks occasionally (black, v darg grey, slightly less dark then cycles back to black) but the monitor does not respond to the menu button on the monitor???? These are apparently unrelated signals??? maybe the frog is outputting a signal that interferes with the monitor internal video driver and so any thing that uses that (even the on screen menu that must be fed through it) does not work. Just weird...
Am about to take desk and telly to shop to see if they have any ideas??
I have never seen anything like this before (the menu systems not working only when an offending input is supplied).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 16 queries.