ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Klark Teknik SQ1 Graphic  (Read 5910 times)

Liam Flaherty

Klark Teknik SQ1 Graphic
« on: February 20, 2011, 12:41:22 PM »

I've got the chance to get one of these new for a very heavily discounted price but I'm struggling to find any sort of review for them. Anyone had any experience with them?

Cheers

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Klark Teknik SQ1 Graphic
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 01:07:48 PM »

Buy a used DN-360 instead.  The Square One series is KT's equivalent to BSS' Opal series.  Both forgettable.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Bennett Prescott

• This text is personal!
    • Bennett Prescott Dot Com
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 04:31:42 PM »

Buy a used DN-360 instead.  The Square One series is KT's equivalent to BSS' Opal series.  Both forgettable.
Indeed. Forgettable and fragile.
-- Bennett Prescott
Sales & Operations Director
B&C Speakers NA
Cell: +1 (518) 488-7190

Simon Ryder

• Audio Engineer LTD
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 06:30:11 PM »

The SQ1 is identical inside to a DN370 with some of the features disabled. The build quality is the same because the PCB and components are the same.

If the DN360 is better than a SQ1, then they are better than the DN370 as well. KT themselves would beg to differ.
I have had more reliability problems with the later batches of BSS Opals than the earlier ones. The KT stuff seems to last longer at the moment.

PS I would take a SQ1 ovwer a 360. That's just me though as I prefer the filters on it. The 360 is more rider friendly.
Rental Stockist of:
D&B Audiotechnik
DAS Audio
Soundcraft
Midas
Shure
Sennheiser
DPA

Liam Flaherty

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 07:28:49 PM »

Thanks for all the replies. I have been watching several DN360s which have been for sale and they are (at least for good condition ones) going for £100+ more than I can get the SQ1 for and unfortunately I'm on a reasonably tight budget.

Thanks for confirming that Simon, as I was pretty certain that was the case regarding the DN370 components.

This is my first graphic for my own setup so I won't rule out a used DN360, but I think the SQ1 could be a good first purchase and maybe a stepping stone to a 360 in the future.

One thing I'm intrigued by is the proportional Qs. For anyone that's actually used one, how effect is it in practice?

Bennett Prescott

• This text is personal!
    • Bennett Prescott Dot Com
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 11:15:56 PM »

I have no idea whether they're the same inside, but they are not the same on the outside. I have seen a lot of problems with the buttons and switches. No slider issues, but they're still a relatively new product.
-- Bennett Prescott
Sales & Operations Director
B&C Speakers NA
Cell: +1 (518) 488-7190

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 01:22:03 PM »

This is my first graphic for my own setup so I won't rule out a used DN360, but I think the SQ1 could be a good first purchase and maybe a stepping stone to a 360 in the future.

With "stepping stones" you pay for each step, and usually lose the money you spent on the prior steps.  I'll defer to Simon regarding the internals, but I can say that if the SQ and 370 have the same filters I'd much rather have the 360 (it's more familiar, perhaps), and the build quality is shit.  There's a reason it costs 35% less.

Save up for another couple months and get a 360, or see if "Blind" Johnny Chiara will sell his DN3600 (in the Marketplace) across the Big Pond.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

No Name

• SR Forums
    • Stage Electrics UK
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 11:43:01 PM »

I would echo what the others have already said.  The Square One Graphic is a reasonable quality product, however looking at the current used prices for the DN360, I dont see the point in buying a SQ1.

I dont know whether your set on a KT graphic, but you should perhaps look at the BSS FCS-960.  I prefer them to DN360s and they are available for good prices on the used market.  LMC Audio (UK) have a few available at the moment.

Currently I use FCS-960 units for FOH and FCS-966 units for monitors and couldnt be happier.  They do a great job, sound good and are very rider acceptable.
Kind Regards,
Adam Finlayson

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 11:43:01 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.