ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Any level to Any level" DI  (Read 2469 times)

John Penkala

"Any level to Any level" DI
« on: November 10, 2006, 11:12:16 AM »

Hi all,
       I'm looking for an interface device for comuter recording of audio. The scenario is:

Line or Mic level out of mixer into a desktop PC's soundcard. The input on the desktop PC is either a mic or a line in.

I'm looking for some type of "swiss army" DI that will allow me to go from both mic or line level out of the mixer to mic or a line level at the computers 3.5mm input.

Thanks in advance.
John

Jordan Wolf

• http://www.facebook.com/howlingwolf487
Re: "Any level to Any level" DI
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 01:34:39 AM »

You'll need to fill us in with some more details on your situation if you want worthwhile responses -

1. How many inputs to the computer are going to be required at any one time?  You mentioned the audio coming from a mixer's output...is this a subgroup, aux send, maybe even a stereo feed from a recording output (RCA's?).

2. What other input options, if any, are available into the computer?  I know you specified the mic/line in, but another type of input might be a better option.

3. Budget?

(If anyone else can think of more, feel free to add...)

Wolf
<><

"A lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
- Me

"With that much comb filtering you could probably part your hair just by walking through the room." - Dick Rees
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.