ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Dante MYcards and Protools 9  (Read 10870 times)

David Hadfield

Re: Dante MYcards and Protools 9
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2011, 05:29:22 am »

I thought the same thing.
How did you manage to record 48 tracks?

I think we have the music production toolkit - which allows you to use 64 tracks?

Dante will work with any DAW that allows ASIO or CORE audio inputs...

Trying to get protools to work on a PC at the moment, it isn't much fun!

brianapetersen

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2011, 08:28:55 pm »

Could you walk through the process of how you got Pro Tools 9 to recognize the cards. I believe I have everything installed and ready to go but can't see Dante in pt.

I'm running an M7cl 48 via 2 dante cards through a gigabit switcher to the ethernet port on my mac. I can see the cards in the dante controller but I can't see them in Pro Tools.

thanks!

Matt Errend

• SR Forums
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2011, 01:03:22 pm »

Could you walk through the process of how you got Pro Tools 9 to recognize the cards. I believe I have everything installed and ready to go but can't see Dante in pt.

I'm running an M7cl 48 via 2 dante cards through a gigabit switcher to the ethernet port on my mac. I can see the cards in the dante controller but I can't see them in Pro Tools.

thanks!
Do you have dante virtual sound card installed on you PT computer?

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • back home in Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 01:25:03 pm »

Been looking into this. Riddle me this.

If I have a PM5D and want to record direct outputs from the 5D into Protools 9, I would need up to 3 Dante card, for 48 channels. As I understand it, each of the Dante cards would connect to a router. And then the computer would also connect to the router. Can all 48 of those audio channels run to the computer through a single ethernet port? Or would I need to install multiple ethernet card in the computer to get access to all 48 of those channels?
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 03:04:57 pm »

If I have a PM5D and want to record direct outputs from the 5D into Protools 9, I would need up to 3 Dante card, for 48 channels. As I understand it, each of the Dante cards would connect to a router. And then the computer would also connect to the router. Can all 48 of those audio channels run to the computer through a single ethernet port? Or would I need to install multiple ethernet card in the computer to get access to all 48 of those channels?

Up to 64x64 channels should be available through the single Ethernet port.

Mac

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2011, 01:04:17 am »

And to continue, the devices actually connect to a gigabit ethernet switch (which is often contained in a router but does not need to be).

A question... does the PC have anything like the MAC composit audio device? I am using Reaper on the PC from my LS9. Low cost.

However, on my Vista PC I am having driver latency issues - not solved yet but I have new things to try.
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2011, 01:04:17 am »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 24 queries.