ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade?  (Read 1970 times)

Miguel Angel Castro Rios

Upgrade?
« on: February 20, 2011, 03:05:21 am »

Not sure this is a very good upgrade, or if it will help PSW.

A lot of users aren't happy.

It still amazes me. Most companies try to make their clients (users) happy. I'm not saying that PSW doesn't. Hell, PSW kept me happy for many years!

But you have to realise that many people aren't happy with this new changes. And you can still do something about it.

The old forums were SO great, that I think it's not too late to go back, not even in two months or four. But it WILL be too late if you don't do anything about it.

I'd also like you to know that the advertisement PSW has (where they make their real profit- I think) is dedicated and focused for big companies and the professional audio industry.

I mean, look at the adds! Crown, SoundCraft etc...

I am not saying that this is a pro-only forum.
I am not sayin that newbies aren't supposed to be welcome here. (I'm a newbie)

And I am not saying that crown or soundcraft are ONLY for "professionals" - I just used them for a simple example.

All I want to say, is that while you are trying to gain more new users to PSW (wich you provably will) you are actually loosing some other ones in this change. Some very very important ones.

Just think about it.

Fred Dorado

Re: Upgrade?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 10:30:52 pm »

Miguel, I am fairly new also, but did spend a lot of time reading on the previous version of PSW and had a decent amount of posts for when I couldn't find something, which was often.

To share my perspective also

I did not think the previous version of PSW forums was "SO GREAT" it was ok, but everyone was used to it and new it. The new system still has some bugs and based on what I have seen those are being work out.

With what I see as a wise move, the powers that be for PSW decided to run both models as a transition. In my experience that is not all that common for forums making a change. It is helpful and eventually people will get used to it and will then say this one is SO GREAT.

I agree that members will be lost, I find that very sad because the value in PSW is not in the software but the info people provide. Everyone makes their own choices, I do hope people stay and continue to provide the great information, but I know that doesn't happen. Heck for some the act of just having to register again may put them over the edge.

At this point I am still not used to this specific model or look, but I will get there.

who knows maybe one day it will be like igoogle where we can move sections around and get it the way we want.

I do see this as progress and look forward to what it will be when the dust gets settled and all the boxes are unpacked.

Miguel Angel Castro Rios

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 01:19:30 am »

I'm glad you feel that way. (no sarcasm)

Hopefully all of us will get used to it.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 01:19:30 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 24 queries.