ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Sabine Navigator NAV4800 System Processor  (Read 49996 times)

Jens Droessler

Re: Sabine Navigator NAV4800 System Processor
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 02:28:47 PM »

Has anyone compared the Sabine units to the original Xilica ones, feature-wise and handling-wise (firmware, PC software)?
"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either."

The Guy

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 04:26:14 PM »

The Sabine and Xilica software look exactly the same.  I'm sure the units sound the same as well...and it's good to see several manufacturers adopting the Xilica units as OEM processors.  See attached (From the most recent LAB get together!)

I'd be very interested to hear the Xilica DLP4080HD unit...looks like it might be a good one.

I've turned the Road Test unit over to Evan Kirkendall.  Maybe he can fire up those TRX boxes in tri-amp mode once he gets those Mid drivers replaced Razz .

-JBindex.php/fa/6676/0/

Lee Jacobson

• http://www.brevardsoundsystems.com
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2006, 05:53:48 PM »

This thread had been "sabine's party" so to speak, so I wasn't gonna ask. Now that the Xilica name has been mentioned, however.... What are the differences between these two (as well as the adamson and community OEM), aside from the obvious fbx stuff, and any "our speaker box" settings??
Lee Jacobson
Technical Director
Brevard Sound Systems
Deltona, FL
386 717 4600

Bennett Prescott

• http://www.adraudio.com
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2006, 07:00:27 PM »

My understanding is that the Sabine Navigator goes beyond a simple re-brand. They've re-written parts of the firmware in the box to fit in their feedback killing algorithms, I was told they've cleaned up some of the existing code, and of course you get Sabine's software and support, which may be a big point for you.
-- Bennett Prescott
Director of North American Sales
ADRaudio d.o.o.
Cell: (518) 488-7190

"Give me 6dB and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

Jens Droessler

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2006, 07:38:45 PM »

Yeah, my question mainly aimed at that part.

Let's whisper a bit: Maybe one can put in the Sabine firmware in the original Xilicas.... I think the original Xilicas would be cheaper...
"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either."

Sara Elliott

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2006, 06:55:20 PM »

I was just informed that the Sabine Navigator has found a new home. I believe it has landed on Evan's doorstep via his "big get together" last weekend - Nov 18th in MD.  Heard it was a blast.  You crazy kids...hope you enjoyed the Beer and Pizza, uhmm, uhmm.
Evan, I look forward to seeing your posts and reviews on the product, make sure you put it through it's paces.  

Lee Jacobson

• http://www.brevardsoundsystems.com
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2006, 07:02:48 PM »

I get the feeling he'll be playing with either straight stereo 4 way, or stereo 3way plus sub on an aux, real soon.....

Smile
Lee Jacobson
Technical Director
Brevard Sound Systems
Deltona, FL
386 717 4600

Evan Kirkendall

• http://www.evankirkendall.com
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2006, 08:20:42 PM »

Lee Jacobson wrote on Tue, 21 November 2006 19:02

I get the feeling he'll be playing with either straight stereo 4 way, or stereo 3way plus sub on an aux, real soon.....

Smile

I dont know what gives you that idea. Smile

Until I get some NL8, it'll be doing mains, aux subs, and 2 mon mixes. That is, if I can figure out the damn thing. This is my first time playing around with a DSP, so its a learning process for me. Im working on getting it to do what I want. So far the DSP is winning.  Mad

Evan
Not all change is good change.

Jeff Knorr - Cobra Sound

• http://cobrasound.com
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2006, 09:29:47 PM »

Hi Evan,

Feel free to ping me if you need a hand.  Once you get your head around a DSP you'll have a hard time figuring out how you lived without it.

Jeff
Cobra Sound
An authorized Allen&Heath, Ashly Audio, Audio-Technica, Audix, Da-Lite, Danley Sound Labs, FBT, Mackie, QSC Audio, RCF, Sabine, Sennheiser, Whirlwind, and Yorkville Sound dealer.

Bob Leonard

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2006, 11:44:30 PM »

I would be very interested in knowing how the sound quality stacks up against brand "X", as well as analog components. I'm all analog right now and have given the Sabine units a very hard look for some time now. Evan, I'm at your mercy here. Shocked  If you tell me this box enhances your sound I'm sold. So do a good job with the testing!! Mad  
The roar of the grease paint, the smell of the crowd.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.