ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Noobie on budget.  (Read 1352 times)

Josh Rech

A Noobie on budget.
« on: October 29, 2006, 11:45:25 pm »

Hey fellars, great forum! Im a bad arse noobie with not too much time on my hands, ive read through some of the forums. good stuff but very confusing. Anyways....

My band needs a small lighting system, our budget is $2000 ausie, or about $1500-1600 USd. I already have a stand its 3 m long, 3 m high, with t bars. What can i get for this amount of money? Or what can i start off with and expand on? Cheers. Its shit being a noobie.

Rob Blohm

Re: A Noobie on budget.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 04:06:55 pm »

With such a small budget you need to ask yourself, do you really need lighting? I'm not very familiar with the shows out in Australia, but around here, small bands really have no need for a full blown lighting rig. Do they not have lighting at the places you play? Do you just do a few gigs where lighting is needed? It may be cheaper to just hire out the few times you may need lighting, and save your money for something else. Or if you're looking for something to set you apart from the other bands, just use your budget for a few "toys", instead of an actual lighting rig.

You should make a list of what you need in the various places you play regularly. Before you go spending money, you need to figure out if the investment is worthwhile. We all like new toys, but you can't justify spending money on something that you may only need once.

StJohn Gill II

Re: A Noobie on budget.
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 04:43:00 pm »

Well basically you are looking at some Par's and some sort of switchpak, or a 4 channel dimmer.

If you are in the band, you might want to get a footswitch to control the lights from on stage.

Where are you from? - if you are from Victoria i can give you a few specific shop to try for cheaper lights.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.