ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Yorkville UCS1  (Read 28723 times)

Marjan Milosevic

Re: Yorkville UCS1
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 03:34:34 AM »

Evan,

what do you think can be covered (how big of a event)with 6 UCS1 per side?

Ivan Beaver

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 07:03:55 AM »

As usual it depends on MANY factors-including inside/outside, type music, how loud so you consider "coverage", acoustics of the particular space etc.

In some cases it might be 100 people and others may be able to use them for "coverage" for 100,000.  They would be able to hear it, and that may be enough for the particular type of music.

And asking Evan is pretty much useless as he has only used 2 NOT 12.  Any answer would be purely a WAG (wild assed guess), and then only in a smaller room.
For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs

Scott Hibbard

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2006, 08:01:08 AM »

Evan,

Please get some speaker covers for your new babies - those scratches are breaking my heart  Smile

ScottH

P.S. Using the Yorkville processor or something else?

Mike Sveda

• http://www.cohglory.org/Sunday@7/index.html
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2006, 08:32:48 AM »

Two LS1004 2x18's would be nice.

Evan Kirkendall

• http://www.evankirkendall.com
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2006, 11:05:54 AM »

Mike Sveda wrote on Fri, 03 November 2006 08:32

They never impressed me. The box size and limited output kinda dissapointed me. Ive used them a few times and couldnt get what I wanted out of them. They go low, but dont get loud.

Evan
Not all change is good change.

Jim Smith

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2006, 10:50:45 PM »

Evan Kirkendall wrote on Fri, 03 November 2006 10:05

Mike Sveda wrote on Fri, 03 November 2006 08:32

They never impressed me. The box size and limited output kinda dissapointed me. Ive used them a few times and couldnt get what I wanted out of them. They go low, but dont get loud.

Evan
Can you expand upon how you were using/powering these.We've had great results w/ this box.

Are you serious when you say you are using a bridged plx3002 on the 608's you're selling & clipping it on every hit  Shocked  Shocked !!
Holy crap Even.....I'd recommend when you get your new subs to consider less power to ea. box & add boxes for the most impact as well as long term reliabilty.

Jim

Evan Kirkendall

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2006, 12:16:37 AM »

Jim Smith wrote on Fri, 03 November 2006 22:50

Can you expand upon how you were using/powering these.We've had great results w/ this box.

The guy had a Yorkville amp powering them. I have no idea how much power each box was getting. I was just sitting in mixing one of the bands. It was indoors for about 400 people. I just couldnt get anything out of the boxes past 20'.

Quote:

Are you serious when you say you are using a bridged plx3002 on the 608's you're selling & clipping it on every hit  Shocked  Shocked !!
Holy crap Evan.....I'd recommend when you get your new subs to consider less power to ea. box & add boxes for the most impact as well as long term reliabilty.

Jim

Nah. Peak power man! Very Happy I dont clip on every hit. Just whenever I start getting into things. I try to keep clipping to a min. They've handled the power just fine.

The UCS1's are 1000w program and 2000w peak, so they can handle the 1500w with no problems. I believe Jim B was running a bridged PL236 into them.

Combat audio... Good Times. Never enough power. Ive gotta start triamping the TRX's soon. Im running out of headroom with the plx2402 bridged into them. So, I figure to get the most out of the tops Ill triamp. WOo.

Evan

Evan Kirkendall

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2006, 12:20:12 AM »

Gig 2 with the ucs1's. Smaller venue, 300 cap. I was rocking the hell out of it. Ive done this place before with 4 LS608's, and man, it was intense. However, the UCS1's kicked more ass and proved to be truely awesome. I knocked the clock off the wall in the back of the room! Thats soo awesome.  Cool

Glamor shot:

index.php/fa/6473/0/

Evan

Rob Spence

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2006, 11:19:09 AM »

I got em to sound good and go loud but they sure went way heavy  Smile I think I will get UCS1s cause I can move them myself.
Rob Spence
Lynx Audio Services
E-Mail Rob -at- LynxAudioServices -dot- com

Staying out of trouble
  Is easier than
Getting out of trouble

Your local Whirlwind Dealer

Jim Smith

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2006, 02:19:17 PM »

Evan Kirkendall wrote on Fri, 03 November 2006 23:16

Jim Smith wrote on Fri, 03 November 2006 22:50

The guy had a Yorkville amp powering them. I have no idea how much power each box was getting. I was just sitting in mixing one of the bands. It was indoors for about 400 people. I just couldnt get anything out of the boxes past 20'.

Quote:

Holy crap Evan.....I'd recommend when you get your new subs to consider less power to ea. box & add boxes for the most impact as well as long term reliabilty.

Jim

Nah. Peak power man! Very Happy I dont clip on every hit. Just whenever I start getting into things. I try to keep clipping to a min. They've handled the power just fine.

The UCS1's are 1000w program and 2000w peak, so they can handle the 1500w with no problems. I believe Jim B was running a bridged PL236 into them.

Combat audio... Good Times. Never enough power. Ive gotta start triamping the TRX's soon. Im running out of headroom with the plx2402 bridged into them. So, I figure to get the most out of the tops Ill triamp. WOo.

Evan

Well that's a pretty vague way of determining any kind of reasonable assesment of how "anything" performs IMO  Confused  Laughing !
I can tell you this from a good bit of experience using these boxes.They absolutely will go well beyond 20' even powered up at program ratings.
Now....the UCS1 will definately put out more than the 608 using the same power for a few reasons,but there really isn't a huge differance in what they can take so you still need to be aware of how hard you are clipping the amp to them.
You initially claimed to be clipping the amp on every hit using the plx3002 & 608's & even if the damage isn't immediate you are going to decrease the drivers life significantly at near peak power & clipping the amp at whatever amount it really is.
If you are going to use that kind of power best thing to do is stay away from clipping.
If you really want to add some serious balls to your low end output add boxes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.