ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Road Restaurant Listings - By City - READ BEFORE POSTING!  (Read 61827 times)

Too Tall (Curtis H. List)

Monroe, WI!
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2009, 11:57:46 AM »

Back 10 years ago when I was working one of my regular stops every summer was the Monroe, WI fair.
Monroe is West of Janesville where 81 and 11 cross.
This is deep into dairy country and what the fair is all about.
The catering for the fair is done by a Swedish Chalet restaurant just outside of town.
The food is so rich you can hear your arteries fill and harden, but you are so close to nirvana  you do not care.  
Wink
Too Tall
        Curtis H. List    
             Bridgeport, Mich.   
        I.A.T.S.E. Local # 274 (Gold Card)
        Lansing, Mich
Independent Live Sound Engineer (and I'm Tall Too!)

Johnny Eason

Cartersville, GA - Cledus T's Hickhop & Honkytonk
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2009, 04:11:01 PM »

Game Time is actually the name of the restaurant but its all the same place. I reccomend the Turkey Club and Potatoe Soup...its amazing, filling but not too heavy. Everything I have tried on there menu has been top notch...

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
Vernon, CT
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2010, 01:01:32 PM »

I finally got a chance to stop at a spot that had been recommended to me by several Labsters (Bob Lee and JR to name 2), Rein's NY Style Deli in Vernon CT. I'm not saying that any New Yorkers need to drive up to Hartford to get deli, there are plenty of famous (Katz's, Carnegie, Stage) and not so famous delis in NY that have equivalent food. However, if you are in central CT and are hankerin' for corned beef on rye with garlic sour pickles, you are unlikely to do better than Rein's.

I had pastrami on rye, my friend had turkey pastrami, we shared a noodle kugel. It beat the hell out of the alternatives on the drive from Cape Cod back to Westchester county.

Rein's is about 30 seconds off exit 65 of I84 in Vernon, CT. It is an easy off/easy on exit. If you are traveling from NY to Boston, or in Vernon for any other reason, it's worth a trip for NY style deli at CT prices.

Mac

John Roberts {JR}

Re: Vernon, CT
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2010, 02:58:28 PM »

While I lived in the Hartford area for several years Reins, is Bob Lee's stomping grounds, not mine...So you are probably thinking of somebody else who seconded the recommendation.

The only NY deli I experienced in CT was down in Westport and while quite respectable, not quite the stage door.

JR
 https://www.resotune.com/

Tune it, or don't play it...
-----

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
Re: Westport, CT
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2010, 03:18:56 PM »

John Roberts  {JR} wrote on Wed, 07 July 2010 14:58

While I lived in the Hartford area for several years Reins, is Bob Lee's stomping grounds, not mine...So you are probably thinking of somebody else who seconded the recommendation.

The only NY deli I experienced in CT was down in Westport and while quite respectable, not quite the stage door.

JR

I thought it was you, oh well. In Westport, Gold's deli in the Compo shopping center was probably the best.

Mac
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.