ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Next Shootout  (Read 94353 times)

Tim McCulloch

Re: The Next Shootout
« Reply #310 on: January 29, 2007, 01:17:55 PM »

Hey, up to 29 and still getting arrivals....

So far, we've spent 2 hours or so "calibrating" Mark Seaton's TEF rig to the Danley TH-115s, and now can run a model about every 15 minutes.... so far we've measured the EV Phoenix, the Danley 115 and 215, and the McCauley MS3s are on deck now.  Hold on, we're sweeping!

We're at Rebel in Manhattan, 251 W. 30th.  If you're in the City or can get here, come on by!

Tim Mc
"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky

John Chiara

« Reply #311 on: January 29, 2007, 02:46:32 PM »

Tim McCulloch wrote on Mon, 29 January 2007 13:17

Hey, up to 29 and still getting arrivals....

So far, we've spent 2 hours or so "calibrating" Mark Seaton's TEF rig to the Danley TH-115s, and now can run a model about every 15 minutes.... so far we've measured the EV Phoenix, the Danley 115 and 215, and the McCauley MS3s are on deck now.  Hold on, we're sweeping!

We're at Rebel in Manhattan, 251 W. 30th.  If you're in the City or can get here, come on by!

Tim Mc

Tim,
I'll be there tomorrow as early as possible. what is the parking situation in the neighborhood?
"mix is a verb, not a noun" Sooo, as Aunt Bea would say.."Get to it!!!"

John A. Chiara aka. Blind Johnny
Albany Audio Associates Inc.
Troy, NY
518-961-0069 - cell

Tim McCulloch

« Reply #312 on: January 29, 2007, 03:05:45 PM »

Hi Johnny-

We're drowning in BassMax Trips at the moment...

Parking is typical Manhattan, nothing on the street.. but there is a garage next door.  Best rates if you get in early.

See you here!

Tim Mc
"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky

Paul Bell

• http://pbellsound.com/
« Reply #313 on: January 29, 2007, 03:13:07 PM »

That's great John! I just announced that you'll be here and a big cheer went up.

3PM here, no JBLs and no Meyers yet. The day is not over...

We're up to abut 34 people, the pizza is on the way!

PB
Paul Bell
PBell Sound New York City
paulATpbellsound.com
User/provider for:
McCauley, BASSMAXX, APB DynaSonics, QSC, Ashly, DBX, Rane Digital, Rapco, Faital Pro

John Chiara

« Reply #314 on: January 29, 2007, 04:18:29 PM »

Paul Bell wrote on Mon, 29 January 2007 15:13

That's great John! I just announced that you'll be here and a big cheer went up.

3PM here, no JBLs and no Meyers yet. The day is not over...

We're up to abut 34 people, the pizza is on the way!

PB

I'm taking the train..be there before 11AM..wouldn't want to park somewhere and lose my color coded valve caps.. Twisted Evil
"mix is a verb, not a noun" Sooo, as Aunt Bea would say.."Get to it!!!"

John A. Chiara aka. Blind Johnny
Albany Audio Associates Inc.
Troy, NY
518-961-0069 - cell

Tim McCulloch

« Reply #315 on: January 29, 2007, 04:23:39 PM »

Also, while we're shooting subs, John, Taz, and Olga from APB Dynasonics are showing the prototype of their new rack mount mixer.  Well thought out and compact.  We'll tell you all how it sounds after we get to play with it, but John says the EQ and mic pres are "very similar" to the Spectra series.

Also, we've got another batch of folks in now... probably 33 or so attending.

vDosc subs are up for measurement now, after we investigated and solved some wiring issues.

Kudos to Mark Seaton for doing the heavy lifting with TEF.  He's keeping this as "honest" as possible in the time we have available.

Look for a new thread tonight.

Tim Mc

Michael 'Bink' Knowles

• http://www.binkster.net/index.shtml
APB Spectra LF capability
« Reply #316 on: January 29, 2007, 05:29:49 PM »

Tim McCulloch wrote on Mon, 29 January 2007 13:23

Also, while we're shooting subs, John, Taz, and Olga from APB Dynasonics are showing the prototype of their new rack mount mixer...

Great! It's clear to me that APB's focusing their PR efforts the right way by sending a few engineers to a gig like this.

Club Rebel was one of the early adopters of Spectra, I understand. Because Paul Bell said that was the house mixer and since there was 1Hz square wave testing thrown out as an idea, I wrote John Petrucelli of APB and asked how low does the Spectra go. All robust road-worthy mixers have some DC blocking so I knew it wouldn't go down to DC but still...  Cool

John wrote back and said there were DC blocking caps in all the preamps and there were VCAs with capacitative coupling in the main outs. The purest LF path through the mixer was found going from insert Return to Aux out. Cool!

Have fun... I said HAVE FUN!

http://www.aearo.com/aosafety.com/shooters/images/pas_08.jpg
Michael 'Bink' Knowles
www.binkster.net

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
« Reply #317 on: January 29, 2007, 09:10:08 PM »

It's time to thank Paul Bell, and anyone who helped him organize this event, which seems to be a success. There was a good turnout today, with more music listening to come tomorrow. Thanks also to Mark Seaton for his measurements, and all the individuals and manufacturers who supplied speakers for testing.

It is also time however to say goodbye to this thread. I don't know if this is the longest thread ever on PSW, but it is very long. The planning of the event is over, so this thread is being locked. If there is anything you want to reply to, feel free to copy and paste into a new thread.

Look for a new thread from Mark Seaton with some of the data gathered today. Comments will be welcome in that thread,

Thanks everybody

Mac
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 17 queries.