ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: [paraphrasing the movie "Waterworld"] 2 Labsters meet...photos must be posted!  (Read 5283 times)

Fred Garrett

Hi All,

I invited a fellow LABster (Stuart Pendleton)out to one of my shows since I have talked with him for a while here, he has run my rig (I wasn't present that day), and we even tried to get together to go sailing and we never could quite get together.

Well Stuart did make it to the show so I figure I had to take pics to post.  I will put up 3 pics.

Here is Stuart at FOH:
index.php/fa/6057/0/

Fred Garrett

Here is a shot of me (I'm the fat one not mixing):
index.php/fa/6061/0/

Fred Garrett

And one of Stuart and my friend Andy talking shop.
index.php/fa/6059/0/

Thanks for coming out Stuart, it was nice to finally meet you!

Fred

Alex Knappenberger

Haha these are all like "HEY!" shots where everyones like WHAT? But nevertheless I bet it was a blast.

Tony Martin

Nice shots. Looks like a good time was had by all.
BTW, what is that console???
Owning an expensive hammer does not make you a carpenter

Kenny Rippel

I'm thinking it's a Soundcraft GB8.

Josh Oswald

Kenny Rippel wrote on Sat, 29 March 2008 12:29

I'm thinking it's a Soundcraft GB8.

Yep. GB8
Evangel Temple Church
Montgomery, Alabama

Art Welter

And you got to love the RS SPL meter pointed into the case lid.

Shane Presley

• http://www.bssproductions.com

I prefer the 2 x kick and toms channels PINNED to the top of the rail.... I guess the labour that adjusts input trim was on strike... Very Happy

Stuart Pendleton

Fred and Andy have a nice setup.  They furnished the gear, but the visiting BE pinned the faders, not them.  If I remember correctly, the BE decided that 6 QRX 153 tops over 6 QRX 218's was an insufficient rig and decided to redline the gear as punishment.  I think Fred said the BE did mange to blow up a few things out of spite.  

Correct me I am wrong Fred.

I stayed for part of a set.  Thought the rig sounded fine, but the BE was inadequate.

I am the luckiest man in the world because I'm married to the most wonderful woman in the world!!

This should have been my company's slogan:
"More bars in more places."  AT&T

Fred Garrett

Stuart Pendleton wrote on Mon, 31 March 2008 20:51

I think Fred said the BE did mange to blow up a few things out of spite.  

Correct me I am wrong Fred.

I stayed for part of a set.  Thought the rig sounded fine, but the BE was inadequate.

We lost one 15" low mid driver that night.  The BE did push the rig the whole time and our boss had a little "chat" with him about it as well.  I am now more knowledgable about system limiting because of that gig. Any settings you see on the first 32 channels in the pics is not our doing.  

In the pic focusing on Stuart, you can see where the master meters are running and that is providing 95-100db -C at FOH(our standard "speed" for family festivals like this one).  The Headliner's BE was upset that the rig would not do 120db -A at FOH (which I openly admit it was not capable of) and thus red lined it the for his entire show.  Since I neither see the rider's nor sign the contracts, I do not feel ashamed for "not having enough rig for the gig" and meerly seek to keep the damaged minimized so that the rest of the 17 bands that weekend have a PA to use.  For the bands last note of their set the BE put his fist's together to make a "bar" out of his forearms and used the "bar" to slam every fader he could reach.  Classy guy!  

I am surprised to see this thread resurface, considering it's age!

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.