ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Community M-12 Wedges  (Read 16102 times)

tomloizeaux

Re: Community M-12 Wedges
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 09:21:26 PM »

I haven't used these yet, but I suspect they're very good. Community has always been know for inovative design and great engineering. Their weakness seems to be in the final details. I always picture their big full-range cabinets with deteriorating black foam falling from the fronts. Good boxes, but inferior finish engineering.

Tom
P A To Go

John Chiara

Re: Community M-12 Wedges
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 02:54:14 PM »

Well I FINALLY got to get these babies up and running for real.
I have 4 of these here..2 that I bought since the wedgefest, and got to use them for a hardcore.screamo weekend.
I am biamping them with the factory biamp presets..Crown XS 1200 on the lows and some other teeny Crown amp on the horns..100 watts or so. I checked the mixes and settles on little to no EQ cuts.
Last weekend a jammy rock band used them and the monitor guy was really impressed that none of the old folks on stage asked for more monitor as the night went on...and he was skeptical at first sight but when he heard the acoustic guitar he said.."so far they pass the audition." After the show he was asking for details as he was putting together a traveling monitor rig for the band.
Friday night was 4 local hardcore bands. No one complained once about not hearing the vocals and stage volume was normal for this kind of show..plus the M 12 is perfect for lead singer who want to stand on and jump on their monitors..they will be my standard for these shows from now on.
Sat. was a 4 band screamo card..118.3 DB at FOH C- weighted.
One singer asked to be turned down..I was like.."what!!??"
Again they worked all night..little to no feedback and zero complaints.
They are one of those boxes that I wouldn't use for full fidelity playback but as a monitor seem to give just what's needed to hear vocals,etc over loud stage levels.
More this week.
John

"mix is a verb, not a noun" Sooo, as Aunt Bea would say.."Get to it!!!"

John A. Chiara aka. Blind Johnny
Albany Audio Associates Inc.
Troy, NY
518-961-0069 - cell
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.