ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: Camco Vortex Amplifiers  (Read 96318 times)

John Chiara

Re: Camco Vortex Amplifiers
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2007, 02:08:18 PM »

Bennett Prescott wrote on Mon, 25 September 2006 00:39

So far I've used these amps twice, both times driving monitors. Unfortunately, it wasn't exactly a critical listening test, and I certainly wasn't driving them up against their rails so I didn't get to experience how they performed under duress. I also recently used a Vortex 6 while working with another company, and it was good to me as well, but since it was running front fills I barely tickled the signal lights. Since I'm doing a bunch of suitcase gigs this time of year, I palmed both amps off on others... John Chiara and Mike Butler should be showing up with their opinions soon. I'm sure they'll put them to good use, and after they're done we can move them on to others who may be able to subject them to some real world abuse.

The product page for these amplifiers is available here: http://www.camcoaudio.com/Vortex.html

I have had the V4 for a while and have used it as replacement for a number of QSC PLX amps..2402,3002 and 3402. In all cases the amp worked flawlessly and in the current use..powering my upstairs full range Danley Sh 100's..sounds great. Sorry no more technical info..I don't get the chance to change stuff around except out of necessity.

"mix is a verb, not a noun" Sooo, as Aunt Bea would say.."Get to it!!!"

John A. Chiara aka. Blind Johnny
Albany Audio Associates Inc.
Troy, NY
518-961-0069 - cell

Rick Soukup

« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2009, 07:59:24 AM »

I don't quite understand all the bickering, But we own 36 Vortex6.  We have had pretty good luck with them over the last 4 years.  I have to agree about the low end but as with light weight amp you must offset lack of weight with lots of power. A watt is not just a watt anymore.  We swapped all our V6's that we we using on subs with Lab FP+14000.  Woe... Hold on to your panties.

Rick Soukup

« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2009, 08:00:12 AM »

I don't quite understand all the bickering, But we own 36 Vortex6.  We have had pretty good luck with them over the last 4 years.  I have to agree about the low end but as with light weight amp you must offset lack of weight with lots of power. A watt is not just a watt anymore.  We swapped all our V6's that we we using on subs with Lab FP+14000.  Woe... Hold on to your panties.

mattdale

« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2010, 08:40:35 PM »

Has anyone had any problems with a digital popping sound on the Vortex 6.0s? I've had it once on a Vertec rig and once on a V-Dosc system (@2ohms).  Didn't have enough time to troubleshoot other than swapping the amp with a spare and now I can't reproduce it in the shop. Just want to see if anyone else has heard this.

Jason Joseph

« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2010, 01:22:17 PM »

If I remember correctly it would happen when the amps arent getting enough juice. I had similar problems with a bad power situation nearing the 96v area..
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.