ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Profile Light fixtures?  (Read 1571 times)

John Chiara

Profile Light fixtures?
« on: September 15, 2006, 01:23:20 PM »

Anyone have any info on the quality of Profile fixtures? I see them advertised on Ebay for pretty reasonable prices.. the 575's..if they are decent quality. Any feedback helpful..looking to put together a 4-5 piece moving light setup for a club.
Thanks,
John
"mix is a verb, not a noun" Sooo, as Aunt Bea would say.."Get to it!!!"

John A. Chiara aka. Blind Johnny
Albany Audio Associates Inc.
Troy, NY
518-961-0069 - cell

Kit Hannah

• http://www.hannahmedia.com
Re: Profile Light fixtures?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 08:34:42 PM »

Throw away lights. Depending on your application, they may work just fine for you. But always a good rule of thumb, you get what you pay for. I always tell my clients this: If you want to go cheap, that's fine, but you're going to save money in the long run by buying better gear. Repair costs on cheap gear over a few year period will cost more than buying some decent gear now. I'm not saying they are a bad fixture, they may be comparable to ADJ, Chauvet, or any of the other value brands out there - probably made in China like the rest of the stuff, probably in the same factory.

They do have a ton of positive feedback and it looks like people are pretty happy with the purchases from them. You can buy them, try them out, and tell us what you think, or you can go with something a bit higher end, but more expensive, that has a proven track record.

Good luck,
Kit
You'll never know what I have for sale until you look in the classifieds Smile

Kit Hannah
Hannah Media
Fresno, CA
Cell (559) 930-2551

Duane Massey

• http://www.ozknozz.com
Re: Profile Light fixtures?
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 12:55:36 AM »

There are two issues to be very aware of before you buy "the other guys" light products. A majority of the fixtures being sold are manufactured in China or other Asian countries, a lot of them from the same factories. They may even look the same. There is a big difference in the actual construction and probable longevity, for good reason. The "name" brand importers (ADJ, Elation, Chauvet, etc) have fairly high specs that the factories must meet. The fixtures from Martin made in China also are held to a higher standard than the "special eBay" stuff. This very large difference is one of the main reasons that most established companies stay away from the off-brands. We can't afford to sell a product that isn't reasonablt dependable. Hell, we've even refused to sell some of the fixtures from companies we do carry, and that includes everyone from ADJ to High End.
You don't always get what you paid for. Sometimes you get far less.
Duane Massey
Houston, Texas, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.