ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Powersoft Digam K10  (Read 56594 times)

Peter Morris

Re: Powersoft Digam K10
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2007, 06:33:44 PM »

Yes the sound is tighter – it sounds tighter believe it or not. - but it’s nothing to do with rise time or anything like that.   It’s about how the feed back loop works and the ability of the amp to return the speaker’s cone to its centre position.

If you watch the cone of a speaker driven by a Powersoft it seems to move less for the same output compared to other amps.  

Peter

Jeff Knorr - Cobra Sound

• http://cobrasound.com
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2007, 08:22:35 PM »

Hi Bennett,

How are things going?

Just curious, are the Powersoft Digam K10's still making the rounds?  If we could get our hands on a pair soon, I would like to try them out.

Thank you,

Jeff
Cobra Sound
An authorized Allen&Heath, Ashly Audio, Audio-Technica, Audix, Da-Lite, Danley Sound Labs, FBT, Mackie, QSC Audio, RCF, Sabine, Sennheiser, Whirlwind, and Yorkville Sound dealer.

Bennett Prescott

• http://www.adraudio.com
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2007, 09:26:31 PM »

They've been out of my hands for a while, as far as I know the road test has ended and they're back at the factory. Maybe we'll get some K20s at some point, but I've heard nothing new from Sara.
-- Bennett Prescott
Director of North American Sales
ADRaudio d.o.o.
Cell: (518) 488-7190

"Give me 6dB and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

Josh Evans

• http://www.youtube.com/jevans111
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2007, 02:20:03 AM »

Im really skeptical about the whole 12,000 watts 96% efficient yadayada yada.

Could some one please just send pink noise turned up to 11 and measure the output with an RMS voltmeter?

Its really easy to hit 12,000 watts if one uses a VERY short burst rather than a steady source.

best-

Joshua Evans

Outlinearrays.com
"Sound is what happens when air gets pushed"

Phillip_Graham

« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2007, 09:36:17 AM »

Josh Evans wrote on Thu, 14 June 2007 02:20

Im really skeptical about the whole 12,000 watts 96% efficient yadayada yada.

Could some one please just send pink noise turned up to 11 and measure the output with an RMS voltmeter?

Its really easy to hit 12,000 watts if one uses a VERY short burst rather than a steady source.

best-

See my PM.

The reality, of course, is that all of these amps throttle after a period of time.  The rather detailed "shootout" data I have seen in fact measures this throttling with time for the DIGAM, and other amplifiers.  The K10 comes out either on top, or second from the top of that heap.

I was a long time skeptic of their product, until I saw all this data.  It now makes me really want to try it, because the bench performance is excellent!

Jens Droessler

« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2007, 05:39:06 PM »

What do you mean by 'all these amps'? There are amps out there in the power output class of the K10 not throttling output down. Amps that actually can work with tremendous amounts of current from the mains..... So if you meant 'all amps in this power output league', that would be wrong.
"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.