ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Powersoft Digam K10  (Read 56607 times)

Sara Elliott

Re: Powersoft Digam K10
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2006, 11:09:18 PM »

Hi JR, nice to see you responding to my post - I see your words of wisdom often, you're more than welcome to partake of all the Beer that a road test event has available.  Ah, what the heck, if you Road Test some gear and post like a banchi, I will personally make sure that you can road test all the beer you want.
Hope that you guys will not mind my light hearted muse to lighten the threads of "serious" road test business.  

John Roberts {JR}

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2006, 11:57:34 PM »

Sara Elliott wrote on Thu, 16 November 2006 22:09

Hi JR, nice to see you responding to my post - I see your words of wisdom often, you're more than welcome to partake of all the Beer that a road test event has available.  Ah, what the heck, if you Road Test some gear and post like a banchi, I will personally make sure that you can road test all the beer you want.
Hope that you guys will not mind my light hearted muse to lighten the threads of "serious" road test business.  

I'm sorry but since my house band (and I mean "house") dispersed around the country I haven't had much call for PA gear in the "house"... In fact my old lead guitar buddy now lives in Benicia, while the drummer was in NC last I heard and bass up in PA somewhere...  

You wouldn't want me testing gear anyhow, I might find things that I would have done differently. Rolling Eyes

I regret I missed the hang at AES but it was not to be this year.

JR

PS: I'm just kidding about the beer. I have actually had LAbees mail me beer after my sundry pleas. That would be akin to carrying "coals to Newcastle" and so not necessary. Of course you are all more than welcome to buy me a beer if we are ever sharing a common barkeep and I'll return the favor.

https://www.resotune.com/

Tune it, or don't play it...
-----

Rich Mullen

• http://www.edgeaudioservices.com
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2006, 12:05:05 PM »

Hello Tom,

Good to see you hanging out here. It was nice to have you and Carl by our office and thanks for the knowledge on RF and such. As you may know we did end up buying quite a few K10's to power our new GEO D rig. It's only been out a few times but their performance exceeded even our excellent demo reviews. These amps not only sound excellent, but they have great features. TWO BIG THUMBS UP!

Thanks
EDGE Man

Bennett Prescott

• http://www.adraudio.com
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2006, 05:38:14 PM »

Hey y'all, I was just poking around this thread and realized I had a few extra photos I'd been meaning to put up. Here's a pair of shots from the A stage at the Big E this fall, the sound company providing was SPL out of western Massachussets, in the capable hands of Bill Forbes and Scott LaRochelle who occasionally post here.

Here you can see the K10s getting nothing more than a 20a breaker each, and powering 6 EAW SB1000s. The amps barely broke a sweat.
http://www.campuspa.com/images/k10/UnderStageK10s.jpg

And to give you an idea of the venue, here's a shot from the side right before load in for Foreigner:
http://www.campuspa.com/images/k10/BigEStageA.jpg
-- Bennett Prescott
Director of North American Sales
ADRaudio d.o.o.
Cell: (518) 488-7190

"Give me 6dB and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

Lorne Hastings

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2006, 12:54:27 AM »

How do these bad boys on mid/high duty?

Bennett Prescott

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2006, 01:09:21 AM »

I used 'em on a monitor for wedge fest. Sounded great until I blew out the tinsel leads on the woofer.
-- Bennett Prescott
ADRaudio d.o.o.

Bob Leonard

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2006, 06:13:14 PM »

Bennett,
Nice review, great looking and obviously great sounding amps if I'm reading correctly (Let me know because I'm old.). The ability to set the amp for the power available is a great feature. I wish more manufacturers were that forward thinking. Thanks again. Where is the beer stand in those pictures??
The roar of the grease paint, the smell of the crowd.

Bennett Prescott

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2006, 05:25:39 AM »

Bob Leonard wrote on Tue, 12 December 2006 18:13

Where is the beer stand in those pictures??

Just to the left, actually, but they only have beer-flavored water, as far as I'm concerned.

The amps are as impressive as you believe... we've got some bench testing scheduled to make sure they'll walk the walk. Right now Gian Portanova has 'em... maybe if I invoke his name he'll tell us what he's been doing with them?
-- Bennett Prescott
ADRaudio d.o.o.

Sara Elliott

« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2006, 04:25:04 PM »

Bennett Prescott wrote on Thu, 14 December 2006 04:25

Bob Leonard wrote on Tue, 12 December 2006 18:13

Where is the beer stand in those pictures??

Just to the left, actually, but they only have beer-flavored water, as far as I'm concerned.

The amps are as impressive as you believe... we've got some bench testing scheduled to make sure they'll walk the walk. Right now Gian Portanova has 'em... maybe if I invoke his name he'll tell us what he's been doing with them?

Thank you Bennett - Gian - what have you been up to with those bad boys?  I am sure it has been more than just to power a rig and run Christmas carols through it for the office party and/or power the tree lights.  I would love to hear some perils of wisdom.  

Gian P. Portanova

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2006, 12:14:57 AM »

Sara Elliott wrote on Fri, 15 December 2006 16:25

Thank you Bennett - Gian - what have you been up to with those bad boys?  I am sure it has been more than just to power a rig and run Christmas carols through it for the office party and/or power the tree lights.  I would love to hear some perils of wisdom.  

Hi Sara,

Well, you're close.  I actually bridged the amp, fed a 50Hz sinewave into it, and set it to 240V out.  This allowed me to power my Euro import Christmas paraphernalia.  Makes the TSO show look like a joke!  Even Clark W. Griswold would be jealous.

Now onto its intended use (as claimed by the mfr.).  I was hoping to get some more gigs on it and give a full report, but here are some highlights.

Definitely a capable sub amp.  There is enough voltage swing to take peak clip-limiting out of the equation.  Sound is "tighter", which I think is characteristic of CLASS D amps compared to linear amps (my theory).

A quick bench test verifies that output power is limited by the power supply.  The  max input current setting is 32A (via set-up panel) and this is where the amp stops delivering output power (~1800W at 4ohms with 1KHz rms input).  With the line voltage at 120V, it's around 94% efficient.

>>>more to come...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 20 queries.