ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Powersoft Digam K10  (Read 56593 times)

Pascal Pincosy

Re: Powersoft Digam K10
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2006, 06:27:23 PM »

Hmmm does anyone know why all the stage right par-cans are blinking in time with the kick drum?
Know:Audio
--------------------------------
US Distributor: Trabes/MG Srl
Speaker Lifts-Truss-Roof Systems

Gian P. Portanova

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2006, 10:35:07 AM »

Bennett Prescott wrote on Tue, 24 October 2006 12:30

Paul Magro wrote on Tue, 24 October 2006 12:21

Final note:  Why no banana plugs?  Different standards in Europe?

Hey Paul, glad it worked out so well for you!

I believe the reason you don't get banana plugs is because they're a little too close to the size and shape of a european mains connector for comfort... especially when you're selling amps to europe.

1RU amps?  Is there even room to add binding posts?  Maybe there is an option for Speakon or BP's?

Rear panel space may be limiting to one or the other.  

Chris Cowley

• http://www.humhead-digital.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2006, 07:03:16 AM »

Bennett Prescott wrote on Tue, 24 October 2006 17:30

Paul Magro wrote on Tue, 24 October 2006 12:21

Final note:  Why no banana plugs?  Different standards in Europe?

Hey Paul, glad it worked out so well for you!

I believe the reason you don't get banana plugs is because they're a little too close to the size and shape of a european mains connector for comfort... especially when you're selling amps to europe.

No, it's just because we don't use them anymore. The only place you see banana plugs in on hi-fi seperates. I haven't seen a banana plug for years.
GO YOU BIG RED FIRE ENGINE!!!!!!!!!

John Roberts {JR}

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2006, 10:09:12 AM »

Chris Cowley wrote on Thu, 02 November 2006 06:03

No, it's just because we don't use them anymore. The only place you see banana plugs in on hi-fi seperates. I haven't seen a banana plug for years.

The reason you haven't seen them for years is because they were regulated out of use.

The reason given with a wink was potentially dangerous voltages from high power amps, but the popular understanding was mains outlets on the continent were the real threat.  

JR
 https://www.resotune.com/

Tune it, or don't play it...
-----

Marjan Milosevic

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2006, 04:03:54 AM »

What is the street price for those amps?

Bennett Prescott

• http://www.adraudio.com
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2006, 11:13:25 AM »

I've been seeing around $6,500, but I'm not actually in a position to know.

Perhaps some US rep can post with their contact info for people who'd like to know more? Hint hint? Tom? Anyone?
-- Bennett Prescott
Director of North American Sales
ADRaudio d.o.o.
Cell: (518) 488-7190

"Give me 6dB and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

Jens Droessler

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2006, 02:36:58 PM »

I could get my hands on them for a short time only. I hope they don't have the same power supply problems their 'ancestors' have. Also I wish they did them in 2RU, but shorter, so they fit in standard racks without having the cabling sticking out at the end of the rack.

Don't forget that there are similar powerful amps (and even more powerful) from other companies too.
"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either."

Tom Bensen

• http://www.rfproinc.com
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2006, 05:59:45 PM »

Hi All,

Thanks for all the chat about Powersoft.  I can confirm the US list is $7998.00 for the K-10.  I am quite sure the "street" price will be $6000.00 (or less).

Tom Bensen
Powersoft Audio US
Tom Bensen
VP RF Pro
Cell 917 873-3602
www.rfproinc.com
tombensen@msn.com

Sara Elliott

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2006, 04:45:40 PM »

Well, I guess it is time that I stand up and be known.  Hi everyone - It's me Sara - to some of you known as the Beer and Gear Gal.  Thank you mister Stachowski!
Anyway, I am the Roadtest Coordinator for this forum and thought that it might be useful for me to start posting.  I am hoping that everyone out there that reads the posts is getting some useful information from the gentlemen who are putting the gear through it's paces.  

Manufacturers - I hope that you are getting some useful information from our Road Testers with regards to feedback on what they like and questions on what they may or may-not understand about the product. Manufacturers please feel free to post as a matter a fact I encourage it.  Which is why I am writing this after Tom's post.  Thanks Tom -

Road Testers, if you have questions on the product please ask - so the mystique may be dispelled with the input from the manufacturer. Over and out - I am getting this posting this down - it's fun.

John Roberts {JR}

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2006, 10:02:32 PM »

Sara Elliott wrote on Thu, 16 November 2006 15:45

Well, I guess it is time that I stand up and be known.  Hi everyone - It's me Sara - to some of you known as the Beer and Gear Gal.  Thank you mister Stachowski!
Anyway, I am the Roadtest Coordinator for this forum and thought that it might be useful for me to start posting.  I am hoping that everyone out there that reads the posts is getting some useful information from the gentlemen who are putting the gear through it's paces.  

Manufacturers - I hope that you are getting some useful information from our Road Testers with regards to feedback on what they like and questions on what they may or may-not understand about the product. Manufacturers please feel free to post as a matter a fact I encourage it.  Which is why I am writing this after Tom's post.  Thanks Tom -

Road Testers, if you have questions on the product please ask - so the mystique may be dispelled with the input from the manufacturer. Over and out - I am getting this posting this down - it's fun.

Hi Sara:

I'd like to road test some of that beer...  Cool

JR
 https://www.resotune.com/

Tune it, or don't play it...
-----
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.