ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundcraft GB8 48  (Read 82669 times)

Michael 'Bink' Knowles

• http://www.binkster.net/index.shtml
Re: Soundcraft GB8 48
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2007, 11:33:46 PM »

Dan Mortensen wrote on Wed, 06 June 2007 18:34

1) Concerning the lack of pads on this console and the GB series: Andy and Bink's comments about using FXL-MTRS adaptors have not received enough love. Why pad the signal down to reamplify it when you can go in a line input?...

To be fair, a number of consoles take that line input, pad it down internally, and reamplify it via mic preamp.   Confused

Thanks for the real world comments about the GBs, positive AND negative.

-Bink
Michael 'Bink' Knowles
www.binkster.net

Adrian Stuart

Re: Soundcraft GB8 48 Faulty direct outs?
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2007, 06:32:56 AM »

I know it's a bit late now but I don't get to this forum often.

I just wondered if you had any feedback on the intermittent direct outs. I've used the direct outs on this desk (for automixing) and had the same issues. I was never 100% sure if it was the desk or the auto mixing but your post seems to add weight to my desk theory.

Karsten Pedersen

GB-4
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2007, 05:40:01 AM »

Hey guys

Just wanted to let you know that I ordered a GB-4 24 ch yesterday. A lot of it was based on the oppinions expressed here. But I have also worked on a GB-8 a couple of times, and really liked it. This thread just conviced me that the GB-series is a serious desk for my range.

With my EQ station, M-one, D-two and Triple C's this should make a nifty little FOH setup.  Razz

Thanks for all the reviews guys.

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
Name policy
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2007, 11:33:51 PM »

Karsten, please go to your profile and change your alias to your real full name as required by the posting rules clearly displayed at the top of the page.

Mac

droppedbits2

« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2007, 05:02:19 PM »

What I don't like about it is that it only has 4 mute groups, all on pushbutton assignments in line with each and every fader, exactly like the group assignments. Maybe that's just because I'm used to the k2-40 that is digital as far as it's mute groups are concerned, and instead of 4 it has 8 mute groups. Although I'm not a huge fan of the 128 possible mute scenes you can program into it, I'm sure it has it's uses in some situations. Probably not for live audio though.
Mike Nicolai
Milwaukee, WI

Adam Thiesen

« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2007, 04:27:45 AM »

We recently installed a GB4 32ch in the club I work in a few nights a week.  I'm still getting used to it but so far it's a great board.  I do wish there was a pad for each channel though.  I usually need to put the -20 pad on anytime I use the DI.  I've also noticed that the peak light on the channel will light before the peak when soloing gets to the Red.

Daniel Maier

« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2008, 08:43:43 PM »

Adam Thiesen wrote on Thu, 18 October 2007 03:27

We recently installed a GB4 32ch in the club I work in a few nights a week.  I'm still getting used to it but so far it's a great board.  I do wish there was a pad for each channel though.  I usually need to put the -20 pad on anytime I use the DI.  I've also noticed that the peak light on the channel will light before the peak when soloing gets to the Red.

You'll see this a lot with DI outputs on bass amps.

I work on both a GB4 and GB8 on a weekly basis. Great consoles, especially for the price. I especially dig the amount of auxes this series has.
My only qualms about the desk is the lack of a pad on the inputs, and it's not the best sounding console. I find the low end to be pretty lack luster and the EQ's are very mediocre. The MH series and pretty much any Midas will smoke this desk sonically speaking. I had to use a GB8 in a hall we usually have a MH3 living in. The difference between the two consoles was really surprising.

That being said, I'll take a GB8 at FOH before almost any digital desk.

Eric John

« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2009, 02:20:32 PM »

Well, I'm here to resurrect this thread.... or at least bring it to the top.

I've been working with a GB8 for over a year now and I love it! Super dependable and easy to use. I, like others, would like to see pads as I have had a few inputs that were too "hot" even with the gain all the way down. I have also noticed a few "sketchy" inserts (having to re insert the cable to make contact) but I'm sure this is more of a wear/dirt issue than an engineering fault.

I read somewhere (maybe on here) that the board "sounds" better with the external power supply... can anyone substantiate this? I'm using the internal without any problems.

Has anyone else pulled the end off their headphones? LOL
More Cowbell!

Bennett Prescott

• http://www.adraudio.com
« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2009, 02:22:16 PM »

Eric John wrote on Mon, 24 August 2009 14:20

I read somewhere (maybe on here) that the board "sounds" better with the external power supply... can anyone substantiate this? I'm using the internal without any problems.

index.php/fa/24559/0/
-- Bennett Prescott
Director of North American Sales
ADRaudio d.o.o.
Cell: (518) 488-7190

"Give me 6dB and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

Eric John

« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2009, 02:26:39 PM »

um... is this cuz I didn't use the search function? Maybe because I dug this thread out of the grave? Perhaps I didn't get the chant right?

"I want the knife.... I want the knife"
More Cowbell!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.