ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: TT24 - Part 2  (Read 67284 times)

Phil LaDue

Re: TT24 - Part 2
« Reply #100 on: August 02, 2007, 11:14:25 PM »

I re-calibrated twice and most of the noise is gone.
The only remaining noise is the fans rattling(mounting?)

chris haywood

« Reply #101 on: August 02, 2007, 11:34:26 PM »

I have no idea, on the one i had, the fans where quiet, but the clock would pop every once in a while, drove me up the wall wondering what piece of equipment was responsible for it..

I would recommend using the mackie clock as a master if possible, as much as possible, just to be sure yours wont have the same problem mine did... have you seen the wacky mackie video yet? http://www.afas.us/wackymackie.html
My most recent db calculations confirms that a 12db gain is the result while sitting on a chair to produce maximum db output to fart with a slight lean to the left or right... I have confirmed these findings to be accurate...

Phil LaDue

« Reply #102 on: August 02, 2007, 11:39:41 PM »

chris haywood wrote on Thu, 02 August 2007 23:34

have you seen the wacky mackie video yet? http://www.afas.us/wackymackie.html

I have now, on one level it's pretty funny.
On another it scares the piss out of me.

Phil LaDue

« Reply #103 on: August 13, 2007, 01:28:32 PM »

I guess it wasn't meant to be.
No TT24 for me at this show.

Eric Dodson

• http://www.specialeventaudio.com
« Reply #104 on: March 26, 2009, 11:43:15 AM »

I hate to add to a thread so old.....
I haven't read through all the replies but I thought I would add something that people who own the TT24 might find interesting.
I was talking to a manufacture rep who also has the Mackie line in our area. According to them, Mackie has only 2 TT24's left in their inventory and after these are sold there wont be any more built because of lack of sales and supposed problems with production in China???.... I know that sometimes it's hard to believe what comes out of a manufacture rep's mouth, but I suspect that it's true. Now to be fair, I have no way to confirm it since we aren't Mackie dealers so it's worth investigating if you own one.  
Now, I first saw the TT24 at a NAMM show when it was first introduced and at the time we were "entertaining" the idea of getting one. This was when the only digital desk in the "affordable" price range was the O1V96 and almost a year before the LS9 was shipping. We were looking for a digital desk that had at least 24 mic pre's and enough outs to do a typical corporate band gig at the time. When we were at the booth at NAMM, the guy, (name I cant remember) who supposedly designed the desk and was there demoing the TT24 told us that shortly before the doors opened at NAMM that some people at Yamaha came over to the booth and were taking pictures of the new TT24 and seemed very interested in what Mackie was putting out there.
Now I'm not saying that perhaps Yamaha was attempting to copy the TT24 but rather it confirmed my / our suspicion that Yamaha was going to come out with a smaller version of the M7 really soon. It turns out that's what happened....
I know the Mackie TT24 was hopefully going to be one of the vehicles that got the company on better financial ground and there sure was a "buzz" going around when they finally started shipping. It's sad to say, it didn't work.
Eric Dodson  

Jeff Foster

« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2009, 03:06:00 PM »

Eric Dodson wrote on Thu, 26 March 2009 10:43

I hate to add to a thread so old.....

<snip>

Eric Dodson  

True or not, that is some interesting information and I wouldn't be completely shocked if it does turn out to be true.  The current global market and Mackie's production issues in China could easily combine to make them retire this product.  Further, Yamaha having pretty much pushed them to a small part of the mid level digital mixer market could easily compound the issue.

It would be a shame to see it go.  It is arguably, the best sounding mixer that Mackie has ever released.  If they could get a better quality manufacturing chain to take care of some minor hardware issues, they could easily continue developing this product and have it become more widely accepted.  Unfortunately, with having to fight against the behemoth that is Yamaha, it may never happen.

There are a bunch of other mixers in that price range that offer digital snakes, but there are no other mixer's at any price level that offer integrated Dolby/Lake (now LabGruppen) processing.
Jeff Foster
Technical Director
Northside Baptist Church
Carrollton Texas
www.nsbcc.org

Phil LaDue

« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2009, 07:39:47 PM »

So the TT24 has become the next Digital 8 Bus?
I can't say that I'm surprised, but I'm definitely disappointed.
Crying or Very Sad

It had a lot of potential.

Anybody want to hack one with me?

Bennett Prescott

• http://www.adraudio.com
« Reply #107 on: March 28, 2009, 10:40:27 AM »

I was also very disappointed... Mackie had a hell of a product, with a very pro feature set that was ahead of anything else in its class. Unfortunately the hardware implementation was so un-pro that the desk will never be accepted in our market, and lots of bands and smaller soundcos, installs, etc. are now saddled with a purchase they made that promised much and delivered problems.
-- Bennett Prescott
Director of North American Sales
ADRaudio d.o.o.
Cell: (518) 488-7190

"Give me 6dB and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

Al Limberg

« Reply #108 on: March 28, 2009, 11:56:52 AM »

It appears Loud Tech is having some serious production problems.  NSL pulled the entire Tapco line from their web site over a month ago for lack of delivery on the product and now all Mackie mixer products have been pulled for the same reason with only in stock (at NSL) items being offered in the close out section.  They state that speaker products have continued to be readily available but until the mixer situation is corrected they will no longer offer them.

?;o)
Al

edited for spelling
If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get one million miles to the gallon, and explode once a year killing everyone inside - Robert X. Cringely

John Roberts {JR}

« Reply #109 on: March 28, 2009, 02:18:48 PM »

Al Limberg wrote on Sat, 28 March 2009 10:56

It appears Loud Tech is having some serious production problems.  NSL pulled the entire Tapco line from their web site over a month ago for lack of delivery on the product and now all Mackie mixer products have been pulled for the same reason with only in stock (at NSL) items being offered in the close out section.  They state that speaker products have continued to be readily available but until the mixer situation is corrected they will no longer offer them.

?;o)
Al

edited for spelling

The loss of one of their Chinese manufacturing partners was reported some time ago. What was unresolved in that earlier report is the status of the tooling. It is not even clear who owned the tooling. If tooling was available and portable the outage should have been manageable. I recall dealing with the higher overhead of supporting domestic and Chinese manufacturing for identical SKUs. While this incident suggests some merit to such an approach (in hindsight) it still doesn't make sense on paper (IMO) in price competitive markets.

The Chinese are relatively new to western style capitalism so they don't have the mature and orderly legal structures to deal with the creative destruction of bankruptcy (like chapter 10,11, bankruptcy judges and courts, etc).  I'd bet that Loud has feet on the ground in China trying to negotiate these uncharted waters of trying to recover tooling and restart old lines. Sounds like a growth experience for all.

[rant- We seem to have forgotten old lessons here. By bailing out failing businesses that "were" successful (large), we defeat the economic evolution that allows new and better business models to prosper from the opportunity. Instead of some kick ass vibrant new electric car companies, the startups out there will be marginalized by the larger established players. Intervention, while perhaps to a lesser degree, was appropriate for the banking/credit meltdown, to prevent systemic failure but this doesn't extend across the entire economy.   /rant]

For LOUD, they need to adopt the oriental philosophy that there is opportunity in chaos... If they must retool, they will only retool their winners and not repeat their mistakes. The digital console business has always been a difficult nut to crack, as is the low volume, high end for all consoles that has it's own maneuvering involved (riders, et al).

I wish them luck in mitigating their current pain. If you must have an inventory shortage, during a weak economy is probably the least worst time for that to happen. They will surely give back hard won market share, but the lost sales is a smaller missed opportunity.

JR

https://www.resotune.com/

Tune it, or don't play it...
-----
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.