ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: TT24 - Part 2  (Read 67058 times)

Lee Jacobson

• http://www.brevardsoundsystems.com
Re: TT24 - Part 2
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2006, 10:28:53 PM »

PAGING JOHN NELSON....

I tried you at the 800 number you left, to no avail. Try me again, or email @ "Brevardsound at AOL dot com"
Lee Jacobson
Technical Director
Brevard Sound Systems
Deltona, FL
386 717 4600

Michael 'Bink' Knowles

• http://www.binkster.net/index.shtml
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2006, 11:11:40 AM »

Quote:

...Things currently on my "I don't understand" list include the tap delay, and the lack of routing ability...

Yeah, tap delay and inserts would be cool, especially if virtual inserts could then be assigned to other channels internally such that signal at one input could affect signal on another. I would add input delay to the list for the kind of gigs I get. Oh, and I'd like to see the Matrix section broken out to the Master layer so you could have fader control of them along with muting. To make that happen, Mackie would have to kick out the submasters on the master layer whenever matrix mode is engaged. Best effort would include new silkscreening on top of the software changes.

FWIW, I've done a dozen+ large corporate shows on a TT24 over the last year and change. In every case it required some workarounds in routing because the gigs were so complicated. For instance, I often use one or two matrix/subgroup outputs for delaying video playback ~100ms which I then patch back into the board on TRS Line Inputs. Not quite as elegant as possible--I hate eating two of the outputs for something that simple.

As far as reliability goes, the one TT24 that I gigged on (it belongs to a Silicon Valley area provider) powered up after a year in duty with no motorized faders working. It was sent back for service and instead of returning fixed, Mackie sent a complete replacement desk. Good thing I had some critical venue data saved on my laptop. The owner hadn't saved anything.  Confused

-Bink
Michael 'Bink' Knowles
www.binkster.net

Bob Cap

• http://parallel.tzo.com/AdvancedAudio
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2006, 05:21:59 PM »

Lee,

Thanks much for the info. Decisions decisions decisions....

I guess for now the DM1K does what I need.

I did have a chance to do a few gigs on the M7. Had most of the bells and whistles I need. The bunch of graphics were kinda handy. Although I'm pretty used to parametics now.

The jist around here is to get the M7 to replace our 40 x 12 Soundcraft monitor rig for the bigger shows we do.

Keep up the great work and maybe....the TT24 will gain some respect. I kinda liked where Greg came from with the early Mackie boards. Too bad most of the smaller mixers have turned to crap by going off shore.

Thanks again...I'll keep reading...

Bob Cap
Advanced Audio Inc.
Gilbert, MN

Adam Whetham

• Grand Forks, ND
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2006, 01:11:50 PM »

Hey. Was browsing the Mackie site the other day and look what I come across!

http://www.mackie.com/freshfish/2006/08/mackie_tt24_making_f riends_and_1.html

Hehehe Watch out! Their watching! Razz
-I practice safe excursion on the weekends.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -Paul Neal "Red" Adair

Clayton Luckie

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2006, 01:25:03 PM »

Ian Johnston wrote on Wed, 06 September 2006 12:11

Hey. Was browsing the Mackie site the other day and look what I come across!

http://www.mackie.com/freshfish/2006/08/mackie_tt24_making_f riends_and_1.html

Hehehe Watch out! Their watching! Razz

Can they quote Lee and Olli without their or PSW's permission??  

cl

Lee Jacobson

• http://www.brevardsoundsystems.com
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2006, 02:07:08 PM »

I don't care if they quote me. They may want to (or already have?) checked with PSW to see what their take is on it, but anything I write here is OK to use, AFAIAC. That said, it'd be kinda cool to have the dsp to use the digi inputs as well as the anny inputs.... Also, when I grow the ballz, I am going to attempt to update the firmware, as the Roadtest TT24 is not the latest version. I'll be sure to post how that goes.

Gig report: Church rental. They asked for my HP8 and racks of goodies. Their mix area is upstairs, I found out the TT24's channel count would do the gig, so I strongly urged them to take it over the HP8. I had to show the guy from the church, who had "very little" (pronouned: none) digital desk experience, through the desk, so he could then show the BE thru the desk, as I would not be at the show. It was interesting seeing how fast/easy it was for a complete digideskvirgin to be up and running and semi comfy within the 60 minutes I had before I had to head out. Short version goes like this: he did OK, we used the ADAT outs to split the church's RF mics back into their GL4K, had the incoming band all on the TT24, and the church's inhouse band on the GL4K, both acts sharing the RF mics. The BE for the touring band had digi 'sperience, tho not on a TT24. He got comfy fast, and the show went well. In the end, all parties were happy, the desk did what it was supposed to do, sounded good doing it, I made a few bucks. Before this desk leaves my hands, I intend to use it wirelessly, via my new tablet, once I get the Silex up/running.

More later.
Lee Jacobson
Technical Director
Brevard Sound Systems
Deltona, FL
386 717 4600

Geoff Thistlethwaite

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2006, 08:46:38 PM »

Lee Jacobson wrote on Wed, 06 September 2006 13:07

Also, when I grow the ballz, I am going to attempt to update the firmware, as the Roadtest TT24 is not the latest version. I'll be sure to post how that goes.

Lee,
I've done the update on both my boards here and it was no problemo Very Happy ...follow the instructions, make DAMN sure you have no power outages during Sad

Quote:

Before this desk leaves my hands, I intend to use it wirelessly, via my new tablet, once I get the Silex up/running.

More later.

When you do please post a blow by blow... I'm curious of how I could do this without spending more $ than I have too.

Geoff Thistlethwaite

Mark Herman

• http://ProSoundWeb.com
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2006, 12:56:17 AM »

Mackie does have permission to use what is said about the TT24. They took a chance and helped us start Road Test by offering to let  PSW have unlimited access to a digital mixer with no restrictions.

I think it is great that Mackie is quoting PSW Road Testers who are reviewing products. This is a very real review process with no safety net where a product will rise or fall on its own merit with no interference from anyone. This is something that is hard to come by in print or online. PSW is working hard to promote honest evaluations.

Mark Herman
Publisher
ProSoundWeb
If you don't like the news - make it yourself.

Dave Chitty

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2006, 05:50:39 PM »

I have installed 3 TT-24's in churches as the FOH console including my own. I have been more than satisfied with it.

I apologize if I missed it, but I haven't seen any mention of one of my favorite features of this console: Aux Mode. This has taken a little getting used to, but the "Big Blue" led makes it easier to remember to switch out of it, and the advantage of seeing your aux mixers on faders is self evident.

Adam Whetham

• Grand Forks, ND
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2006, 06:26:28 PM »

Dave Chitty wrote on Tue, 26 September 2006 22:50

I have installed 3 TT-24's in churches as the FOH console including my own. I have been more than satisfied with it.

I apologize if I missed it, but I haven't seen any mention of one of my favorite features of this console: Aux Mode. This has taken a little getting used to, but the "Big Blue" led makes it easier to remember to switch out of it, and the advantage of seeing your aux mixers on faders is self evident.

Fully agree...

Now i notice the Mackie Quad Comp/Gate is shipping.... Bennett or someone should work on getting one of those to road test... digitaly recallable comp/gate settings is interesting for an outboard unit.
-I practice safe excursion on the weekends.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -Paul Neal "Red" Adair
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.