ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down

Author Topic: TT24 - Part 2  (Read 67309 times)

Iain_Macdonald

Re: TT24 - Part 2
« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2009, 02:08:03 PM »

UMX 96?

Iain.

Jeff Knorr - Cobra Sound

• http://cobrasound.com
« Reply #111 on: April 10, 2009, 11:39:58 AM »

Phil LaDue wrote on Fri, 27 March 2009 19:39

So the TT24 has become the next Digital 8 Bus?
I can't say that I'm surprised, but I'm definitely disappointed.
Crying or Very Sad

It had a lot of potential.

Anybody want to hack one with me?

ABSOLUTELY!!  If Mackie is shutting it down, maybe we could get them to GPL the source code for the benefit of the community?

Contrary to what another post has said, I feel that the hardware design of the TT24 is actually quite good.  I think their implementation of the design on the manufacturing side has had some issues.  I've had 4 TT24 consoles through here and only had issues with one that was DOA. <knocks on wood>

I think the basic design of the TT24 is very good and still fills a niche at it's price point.  It's by no means the best thing out there but at a fraction of the cost of an LS9-32, it's pretty hard to beat.

Mackie has taken their sweet time doing it, but they truly have vastly improved the functionality of the board through later firmware releases.  I am definitely making good use of the advanced routing functionality and the Lake card that have been made available.

Jeff

Cobra Sound
An authorized Allen&Heath, Ashly Audio, Audio-Technica, Audix, Da-Lite, Danley Sound Labs, FBT, Mackie, QSC Audio, RCF, Sabine, Sennheiser, Whirlwind, and Yorkville Sound dealer.

John Roberts {JR}

« Reply #112 on: April 10, 2009, 12:26:31 PM »

This may just be tangled up in their Chinese OEM problems.. If there is demand in the marketplace it may come back. If there isn't why bother?

JR
 https://www.resotune.com/

Tune it, or don't play it...
-----

Nate Conti

« Reply #113 on: September 24, 2009, 01:47:45 PM »

Figured hearing from me might help guide some of you new potential digital console owners.

I owned a TT24 for about 3 years. Long story short is it has excellent features and has allot of bang for the buck for sure. It was also unreliable at times. Would reboot during shows along with other quirky pain in the neck issues.

First one I owned needed to be replaced by mackie for a second one which was better but not by much. I would recommend this board to anyone who works with a band that won't kill you if the console has a brain fart. Would also recommend this console for a at home studio type setup because reliability may not be as big an issue in that environment. Would not recommend this board for any type of rental/rider situation where if the opportunity is there this console will make you look like an idiot.

My console toured locally for two to three years and everytime I used it I had my fingers and toes crossed. Other than that when it worked it was easy to navigate and had allot of features.

When I finally got fed up I gave up the ability to run 24 channels and went with an ls9-16 channel because the price point was about the same. With that said i no longer cross my fingers or toes because the yamaha is rock solid.
Crescent Audio & Lighting

Peter Morris

« Reply #114 on: September 25, 2009, 02:58:50 AM »

I keep hoping that the CEO reboot has fixed both Mackie and EAW.

Build 109 of the firmware seems to fix the reboot problem for the TT.

http://resource.loudtechinc.com/hidden_xfer/ForBen/TT%201.7. 1%20build%20109%20setup.exe

Peter

Brian Harden

« Reply #115 on: November 01, 2009, 09:32:30 PM »

Hey Nate,

Boy, I'm glad you never mentioned those things before I bought your mixer!  That being said, I haven't had one single problem with it (save an aux fader that got stuck and I had to reboot at intermission).  Other than that, it's ran over 150 rehearsals and shows since I've had it and it's been fantastic.  Not one freeze or sudden reboot has hit this board.  

I find it WAY easier to mix on than the Yamaha stuff (LS-32 and M7CL-48).  The software just makes sense and is easy to fly through quickly.  I'm glad your switch to yamaha has worked out... everybody wins!

Take it  easy!

Brian

Nate Conti

« Reply #116 on: November 20, 2009, 10:58:03 AM »

Actually Brian the mixer you bought is rock solid, that's due to a ton of leg work on my part with Mackie to find the problem with the various 2 mixers I had previously. The loss I felt with my comfort level was really due to the previous consoles Mackie had gave me. It was a combo of hardware and Firmware revisions that made the one you bought work perfectly. Those who know me know that I would never sell anyone on this board anything that was anything less than described or in working order. Hope that clarifies.

Actually the only reason for selling that particular mixer was nothing more than needing a smaller footprint. The one you bought was actually a perfect running console at the time I sold it. Your console performs excellent I just can't say that the other 2 I had did the same. They tend to be hit or miss in regards to the earlier consoles I received. Hope that clarifies. Glad the console is working great though! Cool
Crescent Audio & Lighting

justin sircus

« Reply #117 on: November 25, 2009, 11:28:41 AM »

This is indeed sad to hear. I bought a TT24 from Jeff 2 or 3 years ago and it hasn't had a single issue. The thing I like about this board is that while it has some extra features that can be used for recording purposes, it is first and foremost a live sound tool and whatever features they incorporated that might lend it to other uses don't get in the way of it being a supremely usefull live board. It is easy to navigate through and has every input and output needed to get through just about every situation you are likely to encounter on a gig needing 24 inputs or less. The only things that I have ever wished for on this board was recallable pre-amps and an ethernet output for wireless control. I know it sounds like I need an LS9. The thing that gets me about that board is that it doesn't have nearly the same input and output capability as the TT24 until you move up to the 32 channel version. Maybe a 16 channel with one outboard expander is my answer.

Looks like this board will be shopped to some installs in the near future so I can look into an LS9 16.
Justin Sircus
Buffalo NY

Tim Padrick

« Reply #118 on: November 29, 2009, 02:33:41 AM »

justin sircus wrote on Wed, 25 November 2009 10:28

This is indeed sad to hear. I bought a TT24 from Jeff 2 or 3 years ago and it hasn't had a single issue. The thing I like about this board is that while it has some extra features that can be used for recording purposes, it is first and foremost a live sound tool and whatever features they incorporated that might lend it to other uses don't get in the way of it being a supremely usefull live board. It is easy to navigate through and has every input and output needed to get through just about every situation you are likely to encounter on a gig needing 24 inputs or less. The only things that I have ever wished for on this board was recallable pre-amps and an ethernet output for wireless control. I know it sounds like I need an LS9. The thing that gets me about that board is that it doesn't have nearly the same input and output capability as the TT24 until you move up to the 32 channel version. Maybe a 16 channel with one outboard expander is my answer.

Looks like this board will be shopped to some installs in the near future so I can look into an LS9 16.

An LS9-16 with an MY8-ADDA96 card would give you 24 in/16 out:

16 Mic/Line input on XLR-F

8 Line input on Phoenix/Euro

8 Line output on XLR-M

8 Line output on Phoenix/Euro

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
« Reply #119 on: November 29, 2009, 01:33:01 PM »

Tim Padrick wrote on Sun, 29 November 2009 02:33

justin sircus wrote on Wed, 25 November 2009 10:28

An LS9-16 with an MY8-ADDA96 card would give you 24 in/16 out:

16 Mic/Line input on XLR-F

8 Line input on Phoenix/Euro

8 Line output on XLR-M

8 Line output on Phoenix/Euro

For less money than an MY8-ADDA card an MY16-AT card and a Behringer ADA8000 would give him:

24 mic/line on XLR

8 line out on XLR

8 line out on TRS

8 ADAT ins and outs for future expansion.

Mac
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.