ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundcraft GB8 48  (Read 82422 times)

Bennett Prescott

• http://www.adraudio.com
Re: Soundcraft GB8 48
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2009, 02:37:47 PM »

I was suggesting that any perceived audio improvement achieved through using the external power supply is probably nonsense.

I do like the desk, though, killer feature set for the price... and limiters on the record outs! Why doesn't anyone else do this?
-- Bennett Prescott
Director of North American Sales
ADRaudio d.o.o.
Cell: (518) 488-7190

"Give me 6dB and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

Eric John

« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2009, 02:45:43 PM »

Ah... I figured that same thing about the power supply. Yeah, great desk! Way lighter than the Midas I use on other gigs and dam near as functional!
More Cowbell!

Jordan Wolf

• http://www.facebook.com/howlingwolf487
« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2009, 02:48:35 AM »

georginna wrote on Sat, 29 August 2009 00:34

What I don't like about it is that it only has 4 mute groups, all on pushbutton assignments in line with each and every fader, exactly like the group assignments. Maybe that's just because I'm used to the k2-40 that is digital as far as it's mute groups are concerned, and instead of 4 it has 8 mute groups.

Yeah, that is a little confusing, but the assignments shouldn't normally change during the show, so it's not a big deal to me.
Quote:

Although I'm not a huge fan of the 128 possible mute scenes you can program into it, I'm sure it has it's uses in some situations. Probably not for live audio though.

Thank's!...

Programmable mute scenes can be VERY handy, so long as whatever group is performing has their act together.  I don't know about the K2, but I've used an Allen & Heath GL4000 with programmable scenes and I'm pretty sure that the scenes can also be used with the MIDI control (which is nice for using with FX units and playback devices).
Wolf
<><

"A lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
- Me

"With that much comb filtering you could probably part your hair just by walking through the room." - Dick Rees

joe cruz

« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2009, 06:20:11 AM »

Hi guys,

Just stumbled accross these old posts. Trying to figure out where and how to get to the Soundcraft GB8 internal jumpers  to change an aux send  from post to pre-eq to any monitor. Do I have to flip over the heavy mixer and unscrew a plate of some sort? Is it a one-man jobber? There's a quick mention in the manual but they didn't expand on it. They should make it as easy as post to pre-fader, just flip a switch. But the world is not perfect.
I'd appreciate any help.

Joe
Don't give me a hard time or I'll press the "SUCK" button.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.