ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 70 volt/low impedance amplifiers with DSP recommendation  (Read 2142 times)

PhilDaniels

70 volt/low impedance amplifiers with DSP recommendation
« on: August 16, 2006, 07:39:40 pm »

Hey there, I am looking at the new Crown CDI 1000 amp for an upcoming commercial install.  I like the fact that one channel can be driven at 70 volt and the other at low impedance.  Pricing is fairly aggressive compared to their CTS line.  DSP control is a must as well.

Unfortunately, the CDI's are ridiculously back ordered through Crown as they are having issues sourcing a particular component that is manufactured through an outside company.

I was wondering if anybody out there can recommend a decent 70 volt/ low impedance amp with DSP other than the Crown CDI series that has roughly the same features/output (around 500 watts per channel at 8 Ohm -or- 70V + DSP) .

Any info on different amplifier manufactures would be much appreciated, thanks.

PhilDaniels

Re: need a name
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 12:34:32 am »

Yes, I am just looking for other makes/models that fit my application.  If someone has experience using a particular model, I would love to hear there input, thanks.

Jerry Nuckolls

• http://www.acousticsinfo.com
Re: need a name
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 09:35:54 pm »

QSC makes some modules, similar to crown's pip cards that can be installed on the cx series amps.  

http://www.qscaudio.com/products/dsp/dsp3/dsp3.htm

These have been pretty reliable for most installations that I have done.

If want some really great protea processing on an amp, Ashly makes the PE series.

http://www.ashly.com/product/pe-series.htm

Jerry Nuckolls
Acoustics Engineer
Image Media Solutions

Adam Whetham

• Grand Forks, ND
Re: 70 volt/low impedance amplifiers with DSP recommendation
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 06:07:00 pm »

PhilDaniels wrote on Thu, 17 August 2006 00:39

Hey there, I am looking at the new Crown CDI 1000 amp for an upcoming commercial install.  I like the fact that one channel can be driven at 70 volt and the other at low impedance.  Pricing is fairly aggressive compared to their CTS line.  DSP control is a must as well.

Unfortunately, the CDI's are ridiculously back ordered through Crown as they are having issues sourcing a particular component that is manufactured through an outside company.

I was wondering if anybody out there can recommend a decent 70 volt/ low impedance amp with DSP other than the Crown CDI series that has roughly the same features/output (around 500 watts per channel at 8 Ohm -or- 70V + DSP) .

Any info on different amplifier manufactures would be much appreciated, thanks.

We ordered some CDI 1000's for a job that had to be done august 23rd on July 20th. They told us they were back ordered till mid september... We forgot to cancle the order.

We order some QSC's instead and install them... August 12th comes around and the CDi's show up!!! AMAZING!

I never believe crown in their own backordering game... They always have amps that come out of nowhere... Their backorder is grossly over rated IMHO.

BTW. Love the CDi's We needed them for that exact reason also. 70v on one side and 8ohm on the other. Worked like a charm.
-I practice safe excursion on the weekends.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -Paul Neal "Red" Adair
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 20 queries.