ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha PM7D  (Read 60843 times)

Michael Prasuhn

Re: Yamaha PM7D - edited
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2006, 06:42:04 AM »

Petri M
Michael D. Prasuhn
Freelance audio engineer and technical director/IT
http://mikeyp.net

Petri Mäntysalo

• http://www.f-music.com
Re: Yamaha PM7D
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2006, 07:52:48 AM »

Michael Prasuhn wrote on Mon, 04 September 2006 13:42

Petri M

Marcus Baeumler

Re: Any Update?
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2006, 11:08:22 AM »

I have looked at this flash for a couple of times now:
If you look closely you can identify a fader knob and a couple of pots. If you then compare those to the size of the console than it seems that this is a compact digital console, maybe a bit larger than a 01V.

But I will stop guessing: will take a look next Sunday in London.

Marcus

Riley Casey

• http://www.ESPsound.com
Re: Yamaha PM7D
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2006, 11:45:28 AM »

Get a grip.  The style and number hints may be annoying and it may be merely cutesy but it hardly seems to warrant a crude or insulting reply.  The overall tenor of the Lab as a " professional " forum is badly undermined when the trigger point for belligerent replies is this low.  

This seems to be spreading like a weed here on the Lab from a great many sources.  Why post anything on a forum like this in a manner that is any different than that we would use when speaking face to face with our peers?  I'm increasingly inclined to think that the real dividing line between what Dave Stevens likes to call ' varsity ' players in this biz and the posers ( including the faint sneer he seems to include in the terms ) is the manner in which we interact with others when we are out of range of a punch that might be thrown if we were to be as disdainful of each other in person as we sometimes are willing to be on the LAB.

Michael Prasuhn wrote on Mon, 04 September 2006 06:42

Pardon the expression Petri but WTF? If you know what this thing is, how about telling us what it is? And if you're not allowed to, then don't, but this 'I don't know' and all the sudden 'That is definitely wrong' crap is getting tired...

I don't have a problem waiting like everyone else, but if you know something please at least be forward about your sources or if you can't let them be known to be verified at least let us know so we can weigh what you say here. Thanks.

-Mikey P

Ivan Beaver

Re: Any Update?-Photos
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2006, 02:24:18 PM »

Why not get him to send you a photo of the nameplate and the console. That way there is no guess work.
For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs

Chris Hinds

« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2006, 04:45:14 PM »

I don't care what it's named but I'll collect all I can come Sunday and then post ASAP.

Regards

Chris

Rick Stansby

Re: Any Update?
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2006, 04:57:31 PM »

Marcus Baeumler wrote on Mon, 04 September 2006 16:08

I have looked at this flash for a couple of times now:
If you look closely you can identify a fader knob and a couple of pots. If you then compare those to the size of the console than it seems that this is a compact digital console, maybe a bit larger than a 01V.

But I will stop guessing: will take a look next Sunday in London.

Marcus

And it looks like the individual channel meters are right above the faders, inline with each channel, between the on and cue buttons*.  That is something I have been waiting for on a small digital desk like the 01v.

Maybe they will call it the MC-01V-L48

My heart is pounding with excitement, oh no that's just the sound effects for the flash clip:-)

*[edit: Like the MC7L]
Rick

Hasse Queisser

• http://www.technosound.se
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2006, 05:28:23 PM »

OK, I'll take the plunge. I might be spreading rumors here, but I don't think so.

From what I hear there's no new PMxD showing at Plasa, but rather one or two smaller siblings to the M7CL.

But then again... my connection might just be jerking me around. He couldn't tell me too much, as his employers might have to kill him if he did  Rolling Eyes
Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups.

Jeremy Johnson

« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2006, 07:08:04 PM »

Dang, this thing looks expensive (based on channel count)...I was really hoping for something around the DM1000 price point.

Maybe there is still hope (crosses fingers)

Caleb Dick

New Yamaha Guess
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2006, 10:28:51 PM »

Based on rumor and lightly educated guessing, I'll guess 16ch M7CL.  In a couple weeks I'm hoping my guess is a lot closer Very Happy
Caleb Dick
AVE
-----------------
Why waste time with second best

Experience is something you get just after you need it

ProSoundWeb Community

New Yamaha Guess
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2006, 10:28:51 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Up