ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha PM7D  (Read 60874 times)

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
Re: LS9 series PRICING
« Reply #130 on: September 16, 2006, 04:29:56 PM »

Petri M

Andrew Broughton

« Reply #131 on: September 17, 2006, 03:25:10 AM »

From the AVY-16ES manual:
Quote:

14.2.4 “Hardware RS232 Tunneling” function

The “Hardware RS232 tunneling” is disable by default.

If the AVY16-ES is the primary master (i.e. it is the first device of an EtherSound network), hardware RS232 tunneling can be set from this AVY16-ES to another remote device of the network. When started an internal hardware process will automatically transmit the data received from the local AVY16-ES RS232 to the remote device RS232 and will receive the incoming data from the remote RS232 to the local RS232.

This function is very useful to remotely control from a digital mixing console, using only EtherSound connection, a set of AD8HR connected to EtherSound by AVB32-ES or by AVKit-ES for AD8HR. The digital mixers that can manage AD8HR from a remote serial connector are: PM5D, M7CL, DM2000, DM1000 and DME64N/24N.

You still need to connect the remote port to the rs-232 connector on the AVY-16ES card.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com - Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Petri Mäntysalo

• http://www.f-music.com
« Reply #132 on: September 17, 2006, 04:36:21 AM »

Mac Kerr wrote on Sat, 16 September 2006 23:29

Petri, where are you getting the information that the AVY16-ES supports this new data tunneling? In the manual for the LS series consoles it describes this method, but also describes the necessary card as "expected to be available in the future." The Auvitran site makes no mention of this capability.

Mac

Did spent two days at Yamaha R&D Centre pre-PLASA and as far as I can remember (you can get SO much information in two days...) the only cards that can utilize the new data format are AVY16-ES and Yamaha MY16CII. As far as the AVY16-ES is not Yamaha-made and the MY16CII seems to be on it's way (wasn't displayed at PLASA), the expression "expected to be available in the future" seems fair Wink

On the other hand there seems to be no way to use the control data in CobraNet devices "at the moment", so I referred just to AVY16-ES on my previous post...

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
« Reply #133 on: September 17, 2006, 09:39:14 AM »

Andrew Broughton wrote on Sun, 17 September 2006 03:25

From the AVY-16ES manual:
Quote:

14.2.4 ?Hardware RS232 Tunneling? function

The ?Hardware RS232 tunneling? is disable by default.

If the AVY16-ES is the primary master (i.e. it is the first device of an EtherSound network), hardware RS232 tunneling can be set from this AVY16-ES to another remote device of the network. When started an internal hardware process will automatically transmit the data received from the local AVY16-ES RS232 to the remote device RS232 and will receive the incoming data from the remote RS232 to the local RS232.

This function is very useful to remotely control from a digital mixing console, using only EtherSound connection, a set of AD8HR connected to EtherSound by AVB32-ES or by AVKit-ES for AD8HR. The digital mixers that can manage AD8HR from a remote serial connector are: PM5D, M7CL, DM2000, DM1000 and DME64N/24N.

You still need to connect the remote port to the rs-232 connector on the AVY-16ES card.
Andrew, that is not what I was referring to. As the LS9 has no remote control port to connect to the RS232 port of the AVY16-ES card, I was asking about the new tunnelling that is through the actual slot, not the RS232.

Mac

Petri Mäntysalo

• http://www.f-music.com
« Reply #134 on: September 19, 2006, 01:43:27 AM »

Mac Kerr wrote on Sat, 16 September 2006 23:29

Petri, where are you getting the information that the AVY16-ES supports this new data tunneling? In the manual for the LS series consoles it describes this method, but also describes the necessary card as "expected to be available in the future." The Auvitran site makes no mention of this capability.

Mac

Mac, after checking my training material I have to modify my message... AVY16-ES needs a firmware update to make the new tunneling to work. When will this happen is still un-clear  Embarassed

Chase Tower

Re: Yamaha PM7D
« Reply #135 on: October 20, 2007, 09:05:07 PM »

Wow, Cant believe how much of an ass I made myself look, by just going on someones word.
I just pulled this up in my history and was reading through my posts I made.
I just want to apologize publicly for making false claims on this subject.........when it was a fricken Yamaha M7CL all along.

Again sorry all.

CT

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Yamaha PM7D
« Reply #135 on: October 20, 2007, 09:05:07 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Up