ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [newbie] wholehog 2  (Read 2543 times)

dave havers

[newbie] wholehog 2
« on: August 02, 2006, 12:52:07 PM »

hey,

this is a newbie question about a wholehog 2. i never worked with the hog before so it was at the beginning a bit hard for me to get started.

but i still don't know how to get a cuelist saved and then programmed on a fader. that drives me crazy! hope someone can help me.

Ryan Garnett

Re: [newbie] wholehog 2
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 06:38:06 PM »

Read the manual!!

dave havers

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 06:48:34 PM »

yeah... great idea. i read the manual. but since i'm not a native english speaking person i don't understand a few parts. and the translated version is crap.

and please, don't give me any more of these "youareadumbass" answers like ryan.

Griffin Behm

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 01:33:17 AM »

Set up the look you want in the programmer... ie. use the parameter wheels and palattes to adjust the fixtures as needed.

Press "Record"
Press the "Choose" button over the master you'd like to record the cue to. Or just press "Record" and then "Enter" to record to the master which is currently selected.

That's it...
-Griffin

Pete Schofield

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 06:30:45 AM »

Dave a good resource is the flying pig/ high end website

they have useful stuff here :

http://www.flyingpig.com/support/hog2/kb/

also there is a quick start guide by Susan Rose, which explains everything simply and consicely:

http://www.highend.com/pdfs/support/training/Wholehog2/Whole hogIIGuide%20Revised%203%2003.pdf

enjoy, it's a great desk

dave havers

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 07:13:59 AM »

Griffin Behm wrote on Thu, 03 August 2006 06:33

Set up the look you want in the programmer... ie. use the parameter wheels and palattes to adjust the fixtures as needed.

Press "Record"
Press the "Choose" button over the master you'd like to record the cue to. Or just press "Record" and then "Enter" to record to the master which is currently selected.

That's it...
-Griffin

thanks... but thats not my problem. i understand how to save a cue on a fader, but not how to save a cuelist. when i save every single look on a fader every single cue is shown. the wholehog has just 8 faders. when i save only single cuelists on a fader i haven't got any faders left for the rest of the show.

Pete Schofield

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 07:51:41 AM »

Dave-
you can stack up cues on a fader, i think this is what you're trying to do, if you read Susans guide (see my above post) it gives you a run down of Cue Lists in there.

but basically, the desk will stack up cues into a cue list if you keep assigning cues to the same fader. ie.

Set Look > Record > Choose

and then repeat on the same playback master

the desk will stack these cues in a cue list.

you can then edit the list by hitting PIG + LIST

the console can store more than 8 lists, it stores them via the directory (PIG + LIST) you can then assign the lists to pages and palettes  and faders as and when you want to use them.

hope that helps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.